2A Region 5 vs Region 6 Playoffs

vandyfan1

12 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Region 5

Loretto 9-0

Lewis 8-1 (loss to Loretto)

Mt Pleasant 8-1 (loss to Lewis)

Waverly 7-2  (loss Loretto & Mt Pleasant)

Week 11

Loretto vs Mt Pleasant

Lewis vs Waverly

How does it all play out? 

Just like you have it listed but I do think MP has a great shot at beating Loretto. After talking to a guy that knows a guy Lewis county is probably the best team in this region. Region 6 is tough. We had our chances tonight and just didn’t capitalize. Very frustrating. The boys played their butts off I hate it for them.

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

Just like you have it listed but I do think MP has a great shot at beating Loretto. After talking to a guy that knows a guy Lewis county is probably the best team in this region. Region 6 is tough. We had our chances tonight and just didn’t capitalize. Very frustrating. The boys played their butts off I hate it for them.

Yea makes me sick how that game ended. Loretto isn’t that good. They had more kids than us, bigger kids than us, and more athletic looking kids than us and Waverly gave them all they wanted. Waverly gets that first down at the end, different out come. Watching film on Loretto, Lewis dominated the game. But Loretto snuck a win. If they played again Lewis wouldwin, but I say 3 out of 4 Region 5 teams will be going home after Round 1 and the other Region 5 team will be done in the 2nd Rd. Either way proud of the Waverly boys for putting up a fight. 

39 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Yea makes me sick how that game ended. Loretto isn’t that good. They had more kids than us, bigger kids than us, and more athletic looking kids than us and Waverly gave them all they wanted. Waverly gets that first down at the end, different out come. Watching film on Loretto, Lewis dominated the game. But Loretto snuck a win. If they played again Lewis wouldwin, but I say 3 out of 4 Region 5 teams will be going home after Round 1 and the other Region 5 team will be done in the 2nd Rd. Either way proud of the Waverly boys for putting up a fight. 

Lewis definitely didn’t dominate the game. It was a well hard fought game between two good teams. So take your 4 seed and go home. All the teams may lose in the first round because that region is so tough. 

One needs to look at tradition when deciphering this. With both Riverside and, to an extent, Chapel Hill not in Hohenwald’s region, that region was set up perfectly for the paper champions. However, who would have thought Loretto would run roughshod over that region?

Also, we all know Hohenwald typically only plays one decent to good team a/each year and, is at best, 50/50 against them. Traditionally, if they face two good to decent teams in a given year (last year was an anomaly) they are never better than 50/50. They lost to undefeated Loretto and then slammed MTP. Therefore, if they are back to Hohenwald of old, Waverly should win this one. If they are back to the traditional Hohenwald, they’ll be bounced by the second round.

So, until next Friday nights games are completed, we won’t know for sure. But, speculation is exciting.

1 hour ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

One needs to look at tradition when deciphering this. With both Riverside and, to an extent, Chapel Hill not in Hohenwald’s region, that region was set up perfectly for the paper champions. However, who would have thought Loretto would run roughshod over that region?

Also, we all know Hohenwald typically only plays one decent to good team a/each year and, is at best, 50/50 against them. Traditionally, if they face two good to decent teams in a given year (last year was an anomaly) they are never better than 50/50. They lost to undefeated Loretto and then slammed MTP. Therefore, if they are back to Hohenwald of old, Waverly should win this one. If they are back to the traditional Hohenwald, they’ll be bounced by the second round.

So, until next Friday nights games are completed, we won’t know for sure. But, speculation is exciting.

Still bashing kids I see…