Warren County Pioneers Silver Lining

BDURHAM

17 minutes ago, BDURHAM said:

This article is my process of trying to find real answers and to real problems. My conclusion is that Pioneer fans can be hopeful for positive outcomes in the future.

https://bdnewsletter.news/2023/09/27/a-silver-lining-in-warren-county-footballs-2023-season/

Warren Co has some good looking players on their roster just not enough of them.  Sounds like getting those feeder programs active and keeping those kids interested is a good start to rebuild.  Good luck! 

49 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Warren Co has some good looking players on their roster just not enough of them.  Sounds like getting those feeder programs active and keeping those kids interested is a good start to rebuild.  Good luck! 

Gallatin powered over Warren County with some good looking football players. What year is your big running back?

To my eyes, you guys are closing to winning the region if you improve a couple of steps next year.

1 hour ago, BDURHAM said:

This article is my process of trying to find real answers and to real problems. My conclusion is that Pioneer fans can be hopeful for positive outcomes in the future.

https://bdnewsletter.news/2023/09/27/a-silver-lining-in-warren-county-footballs-2023-season/

Great article,  I had always wondered why Warren County couldn't be more successful, this article really answered those questions. I remember Bobby Newby had some great teams there, in the 1970's and 1980's, he also had a young assistant named Gary Rankin on staff at that time. I think Warren County  has chosen the right coach in Matt Turner, I hope they will be patient with him.  Coach Turner has also been pushing for a new on campus football stadium, I hope that becomes a reality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BDURHAM said:

Gallatin powered over Warren County with some good looking football players. What year is your big running back?

To my eyes, you guys are closing to winning the region if you improve a couple of steps next year.

He will be a senior.  He has been getting snaps since his sophomore year.  Great kid! 

Putting this new system in place and getting the kids acclimated took some time.  The players have responded well and should be further along next year.  

Warren County’s facility was in great shape for an older one.  I hadn’t been there since the last time we were region foes.  The young QB will only get better with time and his linage is pretty good in that area.  There were a few other players that were just young like the article said but should be better next year with the experience.  Just need more bodies for 6A.  Everybody was very friendly that I talked to.  I just wonder how many people were at the fair instead of our game.  

3 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

He will be a senior.  He has been getting snaps since his sophomore year.  Great kid! 

Putting this new system in place and getting the kids acclimated took some time.  The players have responded well and should be further along next year.  

Warren County’s facility was in great shape for an older one.  I hadn’t been there since the last time we were region foes.  The young QB will only get better with time and his linage is pretty good in that area.  There were a few other players that were just young like the article said but should be better next year with the experience.  Just need more bodies for 6A.  Everybody was very friendly that I talked to.  I just wonder how many people were at the fair instead of our game.  

Good call on the Fair. It undoubtedly hurt the football attendance, but if Warren County had been undefeated, the home side would have been packed.

I think the Green Wave has a good chance of winning out and going 8-2.

How do you think Liberty will impact Gallatin over the next few years? Are you all open-zoned? Do kids have the freedom to drive to any school in the county they wish to attend?

5 minutes ago, BDURHAM said:

Good call on the Fair. It undoubtedly hurt the football attendance, but if Warren County had been undefeated, the home side would have been packed.

I think the Green Wave has a good chance of winning out and going 8-2.

How do you think Liberty will impact Gallatin over the next few years? Are you all open-zoned? Do kids have the freedom to drive to any school in the county they wish to attend?

Liberty only wants the people that live in that area.  The affluent.  However, only them and Westmoreland are allowed within the county to accept kids that do not live in that zone.  The rate Sumner Co is growing, I do not feel that Gallatin will feel any effect.  At least not on the football field.  I see Coach Stroup actually drawing talent from outside the county to move to play under him.  His offense is exciting and effective.  

• Like 2