Tullahoma hosts Lawrence Co.

CatsAndPats

What happens this week? Has the Wildcat passing attack turned a corner? Does Marvancy Johnson continue to run through and around everybody? Can the Wildcats stop the wing-T and get off the field? I think Lawrence Co. will try to do what Franklin Co. did and limit possessions. I also think the Wildcat defense has the dudes to stop the running attack and make LawCo one dimensional. Wildcats 27-13. 

29 minutes ago, CatsAndPats said:

What happens this week? Has the Wildcat passing attack turned a corner? Does Marvancy Johnson continue to run through and around everybody? Can the Wildcats stop the wing-T and get off the field? I think Lawrence Co. will try to do what Franklin Co. did and limit possessions. I also think the Wildcat defense has the dudes to stop the running attack and make LawCo one dimensional. Wildcats 27-13. 

Key game for both teams, if Tullahoma plays like they did last week, they should win. With the exception of the 2020 and 2021 seasons, Lawrence County has never been easy for Tullahoma,  

Edited by SouthernTNguy

1 hour ago, CatsAndPats said:

Pretty sure the wildcats will pull this one out.  As both mascots are wildcats.

10 hours ago, CatsAndPats said:

You hit the nail on the head. Tullahoma can't afford to let LC keep the ball on 7-8 minute drives that result in scores. 

Lawrence Co. broke a 5-game losing streak to Tullahoma last year with a 14-10 win. Tullahoma played perhaps its worst game of the year.

I have seen no evidence that Lawrence Co. is any better than it normally is. That means they can run the ball effectively at times, but the passing game is not much of a threat. They average 27 yards a game passing, but almost 300 rushing. Their defense will play physical, but they lack consistent speed.

Tullahoma, meanwhile, is considerably better than it was last year and playing its best football of the season. Two straight games of 30+ points, including beating Columbia last week 34-14. Columbia, the team that beat Lawrence Co. 31-0 the previous week. Tullahoma's WR group is getting better every week, and last week QB Mason Bratcher was 13-16.

Tullahoma should enjoy a win over Lawrenceburg by a significant margin. 

On 9/28/2023 at 9:25 PM, PercyPeabody said:

This is the kind of game that Tullahoma finds a way to play down to their competition. Warren Co and Spring Hill should be Ws so I hope the TulCats aren't looking ahead to Shelbyville. Take em one game at a time. 

They certainly tried to play down to them in the middle of the game. Tullahoma seems to go into a lull in the middle part of games sometimes. Tonight they did what they were supposed to, beat a bad team. Their fitness seems to show in the second half also. 

34 minutes ago, CatsAndPats said:

They certainly tried to play down to them in the middle of the game. Tullahoma seems to go into a lull in the middle part of games sometimes. Tonight they did what they were supposed to, beat a bad team. Their fitness seems to show in the second half also. 

I am confused somewhat with the Tullahoma posts.  Other posts, not yours, but other posters claim Tullahoma is not very good and out of shape.  But I keep seeing that they are winning and outside of one hiccup versus Franklin County they seem to play a decent brand of football. I personally am a MC raider fan and follow them, don’t see how Tullahoma lost against a horrible FC team, but I have watched 60 years of HS football and know it is best to lose early in the year rather than later in the season. Tullahoma seems to be getting better as the season goes, is that not what a fan would want?  And they do seem to be in good shape unless you read other posts, who we all seem to know is from a relative of a former player and we are so fortunate to have that family here in Lynchburg and coming up in our program (sarcasm).

enjoy the wins wildcat faithful