What’s wrong with Ooltewah football ?

ThundaZUnt

Ooltewah has looked terrible this year. I really hate it they used to be really good. I have watched a few games and lots of sill penalties and blown assignments. The passing game has been an issue for them. I really want them to get better I want to see what others think from the outside looking in. Thanks. I have broken down some plays were errors were made however I don’t think anyone would listen to me. 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ThundaZUnt said:

Ooltewah has looked terrible this year. I really hate it they used to be really good. I have watched a few games and lots of sill penalties and blown assignments. The passing game has been an issue for them. I really want them to get better I want to see what others think from the outside looking in. Thanks. I have broken down some plays were errors were made however I don’t think anyone would listen to me. 

Coaching point blank period. Go to a ooltewah game and you can see that they have enough talent to be a lot more competitive than they are 

14 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Coaching point blank period. Go to a ooltewah game and you can see that they have enough talent to be a lot more competitive than they are 

I agree 100% I feel like they have the pieces but they average like 45 yards passing a game. How does that happen? They have the talent. I feel like the schemes they run are really not the greatest. They commit the dumbest penalties 

1 hour ago, ThundaZUnt said:

I agree 100% I feel like they have the pieces but they average like 45 yards passing a game. How does that happen? They have the talent. I feel like the schemes they run are really not the greatest. They commit the dumbest penalties 

Ooletwah used to be this way up til about 2000 or 2001 then they got a good coaching staff and it completely turned their program around, and about the time the coaching staff rescinded again, their program did as well. Ooletwah will be back if they get a good coach, they played east Hamilton a bit closer than I expected, I still think they'll beat Howard and maybe coffee county but I'm less sure on the latter

Ooltewah was a doormat for decades, until one thing happened??? That area exploded with neighborhoods and development.Even when Gatewood got there they were terrible, but when he had the numbers and the talent they started winning.The area is doing the same thing again just in last few months.They (ooltewah) can't throw the ball.QB isn't a passer,he tries, but he just isn't a throwing QB and back up, I believe is little freshman. The coach can't play for them.it was 21-28 with 4 minutes to go and ooltewah fumbled on the 6-7 yard line after EH scored from a INT 34-21.Anyway Ooltewah will be a contender sooner than later and the coach will be fine.

2 hours ago, iwasthere said:

Ooltewah was a doormat for decades, until one thing happened??? That area exploded with neighborhoods and development.Even when Gatewood got there they were terrible, but when he had the numbers and the talent they started winning.The area is doing the same thing again just in last few months.They (ooltewah) can't throw the ball.QB isn't a passer,he tries, but he just isn't a throwing QB and back up, I believe is little freshman. The coach can't play for them.it was 21-28 with 4 minutes to go and ooltewah fumbled on the 6-7 yard line after EH scored from a INT 34-21.Anyway Ooltewah will be a contender sooner than later and the coach will be fine.

I feel like alot of the bigger houses being built and new areas I imagine those kids going to Chattanooga Christian, collegedale academy, Silverdale, or Boyd Buchanan. Have they ever talked about collegedale academy having a football team?

16 hours ago, iwasthere said:

Contender ? They have a record of 4-24 in the last 3 seasons. Something like that. I want to see them do better. I’m friends with people on that staff I do see some coaching flaws. 

7 hours ago, FootballDavis said:

Rumor is the coach at Walker Valley is tops on the get list. Apparently he was the OC or QB coach at Ooltewah some time back. Probably a good move for him, because he is never going to pull enough talent to compete with Bradley Central.

Are they going to dump the coaching staff ?