Oak Ridge @ Farragut

SweetScience

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Who is y’all? I don’t work for OR. And let it go.

Y'all is Oak Ridge, and just cause Oak Ridge pulled a sweetwater, but doesn't want to talk about it, doesn't mean anyone else has to let it go.  

It was wrong.  terrible actually.

I mean, I'd be suprised if you beat Farragut or Bearden.  That will  weigh heavy on the coaches head.  i started wondering about the rest of the schedule.  and post-season.  I started wondering how Rang would have to perform in order to keep his job, and then I started wondering how Cummings did last year (that apparently wasn't good enough.)   You might not want to talk about it, but I'm certain Rang is still thinking about it.  I know I would.

I mean, it's the admin as last year after all...

Edited by ILB1999
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, ILB1999 said:

Y'all is Oak Ridge, and just cause Oak Ridge pulled a sweetwater, but doesn't want to talk about it, doesn't mean anyone else has to let it go.  

I mean, I'd be suprised if you beat OR or Bearden.  That will  weigh heavy on the coaches head.  i started wondering about the rest of the schedule.  and post-season.  I started wondering how Rang would have to perform in order to keep his job, and then I started wondering how Cummings did last year (that apparently wasn't good enough.)   You might not want to talk about it, but I'm certain Rang is still thinking about it.  I know I would.

I hear ya bud. Anyway, back to the game.

1 hour ago, ILB1999 said:

I mean, I'd be suprised if you beat Farragut or Bearden.  That will  weigh heavy on the coaches head.  i started wondering about the rest of the schedule.  and post-season.  I started wondering how Rang would have to perform in order to keep his job, and then I started wondering how Cummings did last year (that apparently wasn't good enough.)   You might not want to talk about it, but I'm certain Rang is still thinking about it.  I know I would.

I would say it was not like Sweetwater in that there was no issue of who should/shouldn't be playing at any position. It was also at the end of the year after the season was over and not during the middle of the season. Based off of the boards for that topic is only has one similarity if you believe the posters on that thread.

The previous regime hired Cummings and the new powers did not like him and there were some issues that the former DC did/said. Also heard that another assistant harassed a ref online after a game. Some other ticky tack things as well but they only let him go as a coach, didn't take his teaching job, and to my knowledge he still works there as a teacher.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I would say it was not like Sweetwater in that there was no issue of who should/shouldn't be playing at any position. It was also at the end of the year after the season was over and not during the middle of the season. Based off of the boards for that topic is only has one similarity if you believe the posters on that thread.

The previous regime hired Cummings and the new powers did not like him and there were some issues that the former DC did/said. Also heard that another assistant harassed a ref online after a game. Some other ticky tack things as well but they only let him go as a coach, didn't take his teaching job, and to my knowledge he still works there as a teacher.

fair take.  I still thought it was awfully harsh considering they had a pretty good season.

6 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

fair take.  I still thought it was awfully harsh considering they had a pretty good season.

The season was good in some ways and bad in others. Made the quarter finals but went 7-6. To me they only had 2 quality wins in Karns(Bishop) and McMinn. 

He got a raw deal on the DC too. They were having trouble hiring coaches due to lack of teaching spots and former principal told him who his DC was gunna be and he really never had control over the decision or the DC during the year. 

5 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

The season was good in some ways and bad in others. Made the quarter finals but went 7-6. To me they only had 2 quality wins in Karns(Bishop) and McMinn. 

He got a raw deal on the DC too. They were having trouble hiring coaches due to lack of teaching spots and former principal told him who his DC was gunna be and he really never had control over the decision or the DC during the year. 

Not sure about what the principal did or didn’t do, but it’s the exact same principal as is at OR now, I’m pretty sure. 

6 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Cummings was hired by the previous principal as was his DC.

The AD was definitely a different one, but I’m not sure the principal was a different one. Maybe it was a different one, though, I don’t really keep up much with anything other than who the football and basketball coaches are, so good chance I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

The AD was definitely a different one, but I’m not sure the principal was a different one. Maybe it was a different one, though, I don’t really keep up much with anything other than who the football and basketball coaches are, so good chance I could be wrong.

“(I’m) excited to join the traditions at Oak Ridge and work with Dr. Garfield Adams and Joe Gaddis,” Cummings said. “Oak Ridge is one of those special places in our game. The administration at Knoxville Halls has been great to me, my family and our program. Hope the feeling is that I’ve left it way better than I found it.”

per https://mainstreetmediatn.com/articles/mainstreetpreps/scott-cummings-hired-as-11th-football-coach-at-oak-ridge/

• Upvote 1

Just now, SheriffofRedRock said:

“(I’m) excited to join the traditions at Oak Ridge and work with Dr. Garfield Adams and Joe Gaddis,” Cummings said. “Oak Ridge is one of those special places in our game. The administration at Knoxville Halls has been great to me, my family and our program. Hope the feeling is that I’ve left it way better than I found it.”

per https://mainstreetmediatn.com/articles/mainstreetpreps/scott-cummings-hired-as-11th-football-coach-at-oak-ridge/

Yeah, you’re right, I stand corrected. It was Garfield Adams. I should’ve known that.