Oak Ridge @ Farragut

SweetScience

Farragut has had the upper hand the last few years, better lines and skill, and Oak Ridge seemed to turn the ball over in these games to make it worse. Farragut has had an extremely tough schedule and has played close even in the losses. Oak Ridge played good and sloppy at the same time at Central, they will have to clean some things up to beat a down but not out Farragut team at Fox Den. I think the Wildcats win a close game, kicking could come into play 17-14.

Farragut will win this game, but it will be close. They will be able to slow Dozier down enough due to the poor OL that OR plays with. Just watch Farragut's game vs Bradley, they were in that game and had the lead at times vs a better version of OR. Bradley has 3 D1 commited players and 2 more with D1 SEC offers and Farragut kept up with them. OR has good athletes but none match up to Bradleys. Farragut by a touchdown and FG.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Farragut will win this game, but it will be close. They will be able to slow Dozier down enough due to the poor OL that OR plays with. Just watch Farragut's game vs Bradley, they were in that game and had the lead at times vs a better version of OR. Bradley has 3 D1 commited players and 2 more with D1 SEC offers and Farragut kept up with them. OR has good athletes but none match up to Bradleys. Farragut by a touchdown and FG.

You may be right, we’ll see. I do think Rang is a much better coach than Floyd at Bradley though, personally speaking. He just doesn’t impress me all that much as a coach. All that talent, they should just run all over and around teams like Farragut, but nope. It wouldn’t surprise me if we lose, though, they’ve had our number for a good 15 years now.

Edited by SweetScience

8 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

You may be right, we’ll see. I do think Rang is a much better coach than Floyd at Bradley though, personally speaking. He just doesn’t impress me all that much as a coach. All that talent, they should just run all over and around teams like Farragut, but nope. It wouldn’t surprise me if we lose, though, they’ve had our number for a good 15 years now.

I will give you that this year at least Floyd has underperformed so far. The jury is still out for Rang in my opinion. This will be another test of him. He failed vs McMinn.

8 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I will give you that this year at least Floyd has underperformed so far. The jury is still out for Rang in my opinion. This will be another test of him. He failed vs McMinn.

It is his first year after all, inheriting a very mediocre team from the 2 years before. Oak Ridge has been a program in total disarray the past few years. With that said, he’s done a fantastic job so far, if you ask me. It’s not like McMinn isn’t a good team, and that’s a very tough place to win at anyway, especially with the amount of younger kids we have playing.

Edited by SweetScience

7 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

It is his first year after all, inheriting a very mediocre team from the 2 years before. Oak Ridge has been a program in total disarray the past few years. With that said, he’s done a fantastic job so far, if you ask me. It’s not like McMinn isn’t a good team, and that’s a very tough place to win at anyway, especially with the amount of younger kids we have playing.

McMinn is a good team and tough place yes. But at a school like OR you are expected to win those games. I know Gaddis' last year wasn't good, but Cummings took them to the Quarter finals. These next two weeks will be a good test for him. Farragut is well coached and has decent players. Bearden has the best recruiter in the state and is loaded on both sides of the ball. Gotta go at least 1-1 and I know neither matter for playoff implications but the next games will be able to show if OR can get past West or not.

3 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

McMinn is a good team and tough place yes. But at a school like OR you are expected to win those games. I know Gaddis' last year wasn't good, but Cummings took them to the Quarter finals. These next two weeks will be a good test for him. Farragut is well coached and has decent players. Bearden has the best recruiter in the state and is loaded on both sides of the ball. Gotta go at least 1-1 and I know neither matter for playoff implications but the next games will be able to show if OR can get past West or not.

I agree with you. It should tell a lot, these next few weeks. Yeah, nothing against Scott, I actually thought he did a quality job. I just meant disarray as far as turnover with coaches go. Having 3 coaches in 3 years isn’t a very ideal situation for anyone to come into. 

Edited by SweetScience

12 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I agree with you. It should tell a lot, these next few weeks. Yeah, nothing against Scott, I actually thought he did a quality job. I just meant disarray as far as turnover with coaches go. Having 3 coaches in 3 years isn’t a very ideal situation for anyone to come into. 

I agree is was not an ideal situation from the outside looking in. This year at least there are athletes a plenty linemen are few and far between.

28 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I agree is was not an ideal situation from the outside looking in. This year at least there are athletes a plenty linemen are few and far between.

I think we have some good linemen right now, they’re just really young. Also keep in mind we had 2 starters quit who were on the line as starters last year. One quit football, the other quit and went to Clinton, so that didn’t help the situation any. The line is light years ahead of a few years ago.

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

I heard y'all will fire a coach after their first season even if they make it to the third round of the playoffs.  Any truth to that?