D2 week 8

theawesomebro

1 hour ago, Playerscoach said:

Did you watch the game? NCS went up and down the field on CA and had two really bad turnovers inside the 10 yard line. They did exactly as I said except for the turnovers. Sit this one out my man.

NCS could have marched up and down the field  all night long my man. What matters is the final score.  Like Metallica said  "And Nothing Else Matters". Based on reports received,  perhaps some should have been more worried about the game at hand than visiting other schools. Distractions are real and most likely  played an outcome in the final result. CA was more focused and they got the bigger prize. Congrats to CA.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

NCS could have marched up and down the field  all night long my man. What matters is the final score.  Like Metallica said  "And Nothing Else Matters". Based on reports received,  perhaps some should have been more worried about the game at hand than visiting other schools. Distractions are real and most likely  played an outcome in the final result. CA was more focused and they got the bigger prize. Congrats to CA.

Again, what I said was factual and occurred. Your comment was a jab but that’s your MO here. QB Curtis looking at other schools has been a topic since before the season and by all accounts he has to create almost everything offensively for NCS. Being “focused” had nothing to do with this game and anyone who knows the sport and teams knows that’s the case. Catastrophic turnovers inside the 10 yard line and endzone killed NCS. Otherwise this was a 10+ point game as I said. 

5 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Again, what I said was factual and occurred. Your comment was a jab but that’s your MO here. QB Curtis looking at other schools has been a topic since before the season and by all accounts he has to create almost everything offensively for NCS. Being “focused” had nothing to do with this game and anyone who knows the sport and teams knows that’s the case. Catastrophic turnovers inside the 10 yard line and endzone killed NCS. Otherwise this was a 10+ point game as I said. 

5 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

It doesn't matter what playercoach thinks about how the game should have turned out.  The final score of 27-21, CA over NCS, is all that matters. You simply don't like that your pregame post simply didn't age well and I busted your chops for it. 

Time to move on Pal.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

What you said was factual? Based on what? Game stats:

CA Rushing = 213 yds; Passing = 142 yds; Total Offense: 355 yds.

NCS Rushing = 151 yds; Passing = 151 yds; Total Offense: 305

Looks pretty even to me, given the rushing yards - I would think it would almost seem the opposite of what you are saying. Maybe it was time of possession that made it "feel" like NCS moved up and down the field. But the numbers don't lie.

Edited by CougarDadx2

31 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Looks pretty even to me, given the rushing yards - I would think it would almost seem the opposite of what you are saying. Maybe it was time of possession that made it "feel" like NCS moved up and down the field. But the numbers don't lie.

Playerscoach,

We are all waiting to hear how losing the factual statistical battle means NCS moved up and down the field. Stats and video don't lie sonny boy.

DivIIA - Going be a great playoff to watch this year, no clear cut favorite. MTCS playing well both sides of the ball. CA has been maturing a young group last few years appears they have grown up. FC seasoned playoff team . JCS got great talent but can they get over the hump? DCA always shows up in playoffs . NCS has elite QB Curtis maybe he can carry them. Defense going be difference this year. A lot of these teams are one dimensional so team who has a little balance on offense and a great D will win it.

On 10/7/2023 at 4:13 PM, ReitzFan said:

It doesn't matter what playercoach thinks about how the game should have turned out.  The final score of 27-21, CA over NCS, is all that matters. You simply don't like that your pregame post simply didn't age well and I busted your chops for it. 

Time to move on Pal.

Age well? The score is not indicative of what happened during the game. That was what my original post was about was the passing game of NCS vs CAs pass defense. 

As far as busting my chops I think you’re an absolute goofball on here. You seek me out like a fanboy which is odd to me? 

Edited by Playerscoach

On 10/7/2023 at 5:38 PM, ReitzFan said:

Playerscoach,

We are all waiting to hear how losing the factual statistical battle means NCS moved up and down the field. Stats and video don't lie sonny boy.

Did you watch the game? Watch the video and tell me if NCS with their passing game and QB didn’t go up and down the field? CA dropped 7 and sometimes 8 into coverage because of the NCS passing game. Two catastrophic turnovers inside the 10 yard line killed them. Do you intentionally not comprehend or is it an affliction? 

On 10/7/2023 at 5:02 PM, CougarDadx2 said:

Did you watch the game? Those yards for NCS are almost all their QBs. He ran and passed on them all game. CA dropping 7-8 into coverage also created situations where the NCS QB had to run. So yes, my comment was 100% factual. 

2 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Did you watch the game? Those yards for NCS are almost all their QBs. He ran and passed on them all game. CA dropping 7-8 into coverage also created situations where the NCS QB had to run. So yes, my comment was 100% factual. 

So yes, I have watched the game. To begin with you insinuate that NCS should have won by 10+ and lost due to bad luck, you also insinuate that NCS ran up and down the field all night at will.

The team moving the ball up and down the field in the 1st half was CA, yes NCS had two good drives - but also had a drive stalled. The INT to end the 1st half was a throw into triple coverage and was only a step away from being a pick six. Had that turnover not happened, they would still have been down by 7 - but fortunate not to be down 21.

2nd half starts with short field from penalty and NCS drives down and scores. Penalties and QB drop kills CA drive. NCS next drive is kept alive by the CA penalty - this was the longest drive of the night by NCS and the scoring play was nothing short of amazing play by the NCS QB. CA again is stalled by penalty, NCS has short field, but is stopped and misses FG.  CA then takes the ball with 5:29 and sustains an impressive drive, ending with the score and failed 2PT. With a little over 2 minutes left, NCS is driving but the QB does not see the LB and the resulting INT ends the game.

Yes, the NCS QB made some impressive plays with his legs and arms, but also made some poor choices on the INTs. He will mature and be a beast. Both teams shot themselves in the foot more than one. But overall, an evenly matched game and we will have to disagree on your assessment - both teams moved the ball, and CA did move it more - by half a field.

Here is the link if anyone else is interested in viewing: 

Edited by CougarDadx2