Oliver Springs @ Coalfield

rtl112

10 hours ago, TheBlueprint said:

It’s mainly just anybody outside of region 1 or 2 with the exception of Greenback or Cloudland in their good years. Everybody else up there is consistently uncompetitive. Which is why they get beat in the semis a lot like you said because they rregion 3 or 4 team (mostly 

That's a yes on Greenback and not so much on Cloudland.  No disrespect but we have had a pretty good run against Cloudland.  They beat us in the quarterfinals  in 21 but I can't remember the last time we lost to them after that one.   As far as region 3 and 4, it has been South Pitt beating us mostly.  We haven't played Gordy/Clay that much due to South Pitt.  To be honest Cf has been down the last 4 or 5 years when we've played Gordonsville during that time.  The whole region has been down actually.   I believe some of our best teams have actually been when we finished behind Greenback in the region.  We both had some pretty good teams during that decade of Greenback dominance.  I think that would've been our best shot at beating South Pitt if we could have advanced past the Cherokees.  Gordonsville is  pretty good but South Pitt is in a league of there own with Greenback on the verge of joining them in their supremacy (at least till some jealous bystanders sabotaged their program)!

4 hours ago, rtl112 said:

That's a yes on Greenback and not so much on Cloudland.  No disrespect but we have had a pretty good run against Cloudland.  They beat us in the quarterfinals  in 21 but I can't remember the last time we lost to them after that one.   As far as region 3 and 4, it has been South Pitt beating us mostly.  We haven't played Gordy/Clay that much due to South Pitt.  To be honest Cf has been down the last 4 or 5 years when we've played Gordonsville during that time.  The whole region has been down actually.   I believe some of our best teams have actually been when we finished behind Greenback in the region.  We both had some pretty good teams during that decade of Greenback dominance.  I think that would've been our best shot at beating South Pitt if we could have advanced past the Cherokees.  Gordonsville is  pretty good but South Pitt is in a league of there own with Greenback on the verge of joining them in their supremacy (at least till some jealous bystanders sabotaged their program)!

Our last win was 2001. Y'all beat us like 7 straight before we broke the streak.

4 hours ago, rtl112 said:

We have winning records against South Pitt and Gordy in playoffs but not against you all if I'm not mistaken which is ironic!LOL.Regular season we dominated you all for 35 years until the people smarter than the community found our coaches.

Edited by orngnblk

11 hours ago, crow said:

No if I’m being honest I don’t actually feel that way about coalfield or greenback. I do wish they’d lose one game a year by 100 (when we play them) but honestly I don’t wish any ill will for either program. They’re both small schools that regularly smack around larger schools (like us) and more often than not field a quality team. If I’m honest I respect both a lot and wish them success as long as they’re not lined up across from us. The “hope they lose by 100” is more smack talk BS than anything really. 

Oh come on! You ain’t gotta be nice all the time. :roflolk: I can promise ya @orngnblk won’t disown you 

Just now, rtl112 said:

23 year curse is over. 

Did I remember that correctly rt? I do remember one of you would win the regular season game and the other would win the playoff game. A bunch of times 1 of the 2 of the best teams in the east would get bumped out early by the other in 1A when y’all played an early round game. 

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

We have winning records against South Pitt and Gordy in playoffs but not against you all if I'm not mistaken which is ironic!LOL.Regular season we dominated you all for 35 years until the people smarter than the community found our coaches.

We have only played once in the playoffs correct? Back in 87 semis i believe is the only one