GreenE Devils travel to Northview Academy

noonesfool

9 hours ago, blazer1set said:

The Greene not getting a lot of love in this week's top 10 poll

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2023/10/09/tennessee-high-school-football-rankings-associated-press-week-8-statewide-poll/71084135007/

Class 4A

School (first-place votes) Record Points Previous
1. Pearl-Cohn (12) 8-0 152 1
2. Upperman (3) 7-0 133 2
3. Elizabethton (1) 7-0 128 3
4. Hardin County 8-0 109 4
5. Greeneville 6-0 108 5
6. Macon County 7-1 69 7
7. Marshall County 7-1 63 9
8. Haywood County 6-2 40 6
9. Gibbs 6-1 28 NR
10. Stone Memorial 6-2 18 8

Others receiving votes: Red Bank 13. Anderson County 11. Millington 8.

This poll is all politics coming out of Greeneville and Betsy. But they will have changed there party once the 3rd round is over and Rocky Top is still standing on top of ole smoky on there way to Chattanooga. 

7 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

This poll is all politics coming out of Greeneville and Betsy. But they will have changed there party once the 3rd round is over and Rocky Top is still standing on top of ole smoky on there way to Chattanooga. 

Just face it they aren’t the team you all had last year 

5 hours ago, LoudnProud said:

Just face it they aren’t the team you all had last year 

Now in some way I feel AC is better than last year, at times. I feel the front lines are better because of our schedule and the defence is playing lights out better than last year. We are still perfecting our offence. So if we get that worked out over the break we could be ready for a deep playoff  run. I was joking and am certainly glad we aren't ranked because this will just make boys to men quicker and hungry. 

51 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Now in some way I feel AC is better than last year, at times. I feel the front lines are better because of our schedule and the defence is playing lights out better than last year. We are still perfecting our offence. So if we get that worked out over the break we could be ready for a deep playoff  run. I was joking and am certainly glad we aren't ranked because this will just make boys to men quicker and hungry. 

Get Matt Pyke out there coaching he will get them going 

7 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

AC reminds me of Betsy last season. Took a while to get things figured out. Life after Bryson Rollins vs life after Walker Martinez. Took some lumps early. Moved some pieces around. But found a good fit and are beginning to roll, just at the right time. Solid defense is always huge. They’ve had that (like we did) all season. Just needed to find the points and some extended drives to help them. They will still be dangerous come playoff time.

• Like 1