Hillsboro/ the better team

cdm2003

I believe that Hillsboro was the much better team and should of won, but I was expecting more out of Maryville the way people talked about them. Hillsboro made some crucial mistakes that caused them the game then Maryville capatalized.

I don't think that it was too much of a gap between Hillsboro, Melrose, Nashville Overton, Maryville or Memphis East. Those teams who got put out early had the talent to be in Hillsboro or Maryville's position. Congrats to Maryville for not giving up.

Hillsboro may have the better athletes. Hillsboro was not the better TEAM yesterday. MARYVILLE-29, HILLSBORO-26. Total offense- MARYVILLE-324, HILLSBORO-292. Turnovers- MARYVILLE-3, HILLSBORO-1. Maryville answered every obstacle down by 14,13, and 12 points respectively. Hillsboro did not. Also Maryville went into a 6 man front in the 4th quarter and it paid off. Go Rebs.

Guest martin36

maryville was the better team saturday, as they proved again. i do not understand how you can say hillsboro was the better team. they lost. you say they were outcoached, but coaches are part of the team. i dont think they were outcoached, it was just that hillsboro made mistakes at crucial times and could not stop maryville from reaching the endzone in the fourth quarter. congratulations maryville, yall were the better team....hands down.

Domonique exactly what Hillsboro mistakes did we take advantage of? we had three turnovers to their one. I have been hearing the "mistake" excuse regarding Maryville/Hillsboro and it is getting a tad old. Are you talking the onsides kick? Good execution by one team does not mean a mistake by the other. The hook and ladder, reverse pass? same as above. What mistakes do you mean? or do you really mean EXCUSE?

maryville is just so well coached it is almost unfair.Hillsboro did to seem to be the more physical team.

Time to pass the torch to the Knox. Central Bobcats, maryville 3 years is enough. Knox. Central is the only team to beat maryville in the playoffs since 1997. :D

[Edited by JohnPaul on 12-8-02 4:53P]