Haywood vs. Crockett

Kruger77

1 hour ago, Cavaliers9814 said:

Not talking that y’all aren’t familiar but I can tell you y’all are not the same football team that y’all have been in the past idk if that’s because the coaching change or just loss of talent because teams this year hanging with y’all as in obion and Crockett when they’ve had good teams in the past also it never happened Haywood blew those teams out and I’m saying that relates back to QB play y’all could pass and run, that’s why my comment about making a state championship want happen being 1 domential a team with size and speed that’s disciplined WILL stop it relate back to this comment in about 4 weeks and see if I didn’t tell you so 

If you think Haywood’s one demential off one game. Your mistaken. I respect your opinion though. Tomcats are young, and have gotten better each week. They’re taking it one game at a time and not looking ahead to no one. There only concern is dyer right now. 

1 hour ago, Cavaliers9814 said:

Not talking that y’all aren’t familiar but I can tell you y’all are not the same football team that y’all have been in the past idk if that’s because the coaching change or just loss of talent because teams this year hanging with y’all as in obion and Crockett when they’ve had good teams in the past also it never happened Haywood blew those teams out and I’m saying that relates back to QB play y’all could pass and run, that’s why my comment about making a state championship want happen being 1 domential a team with size and speed that’s disciplined WILL stop it relate back to this comment in about 4 weeks and see if I didn’t tell you so 

I can assure you aren't telling me or any Tomcat fan anything we do not already know. I stated in the first week or two of the season that this team will not make it past the semis. I am a Tomcat fan but it is what it is. Yes, they have improved pas my expectations but i do not see them getting past Pearl. What i am highly anticipating is a very strong year next year. So in my opinion, if Crockett wanted Haywood, this season is the season. 

5 hours ago, Cavaliers9814 said:

We’re not the same dominant football team!  I’m shocked, shocked I tell you! I would have never guessed.

Yes, there was a coaching change.
Yes, an outstanding qb transferred to Germantown.
Yes, key players graduated.
Yes, there were other problems that no longer need to be discussed on the T.

It is a rebuilding year for Haywood. The team is young, but the Cats are motivated and improving.

What Haywood fan is on here talking about making a deep run or winning a state championship?  Yes, that may be a coach and team goal, but what coach or team doesn’t set that as their goal at the beginning of the season. I’d even be willing to bet that the Cavaliers set a state championship as their goal for the season.

Let’s see!  Playing a team with size, speed, and discipline.  I think Oakland would qualify, don’t you?  Oakland beat Haywood 48-6, so we already know what could happen.  Heck, it could happen with Dyer Co. this week.  Your pontificating is not telling us, or anyone else, anything we don’t already know.  I’m sure that when it happens you will be on here crowing like a banty rooster, “I told you so! I told you so!” It will be pointless, but if it makes you feel better, go ahead and crow.

I know you are deeply saddened after losing to what you say is a “one dimensional” Haywood team.  But earlier in this thread, you posted that you thought Haywood would win.    You might get another chance to avenge the loss in a few weeks, and the Cavs might very well be successful in doing that.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, stacmot said:

We’re not the same dominant football team!  I’m shocked, shocked I tell you! I would have never guessed.

Yes, there was a coaching change.
Yes, an outstanding qb transferred to Germantown.
Yes, key players graduated.
Yes, there were other problems that no longer need to be discussed on the T.

It is a rebuilding year for Haywood. The team is young, but the Cats are motivated and improving.

What Haywood fan is on here talking about making a deep run or winning a state championship?  Yes, that may be a coach and team goal, but what coach or team doesn’t set that as their goal at the beginning of the season. I’d even be willing to bet that the Cavaliers set a state championship as their goal for the season.

Let’s see!  Playing a team with size, speed, and discipline.  I think Oakland would qualify, don’t you?  Oakland beat Haywood 48-6, so we already know what could happen.  Heck, it could happen with Dyer Co. this week.  Your pontificating is not telling us, or anyone else, anything we don’t already know.  I’m sure that when it happens you will be on here crowing like a banty rooster, “I told you so! I told you so!” It will be pointless, but if it makes you feel better, go ahead and crow.

I know you are deeply saddened after losing to what you say is a “one dimensional” Haywood team.  But earlier in this thread, you posted that you thought Haywood would win.    You might get another chance to avenge the loss in a few weeks, and the Cavs might very well be successful in doing that.

My point exactly. 

What's going to be interesting about the playoffs in Region 7-4A and Region 6-2A is that the regions are going to be dominating the counterpart regions (8-4A and 5-2A), so there will be rematches this year. Is Haywood retooling? Yes. But Crockett County will likely get another rematch where they could very well use this week (game @ Fayette Ware) as a way to implement and try new wrinkles throughout the season. If Crockett County doesn't take advantage of that this week, then they're wasting their time to improve the team. 

Haywood allowed 20+ points in a game 5 times this year. Last year, they only allowed 20+ points just twice. The point differential is down as a result of that. Haywood is willing to make their games a shootout, they allowed 57 to Obion Central, allowed 42 to Hardin County. 

I do see the Tomcats making the semifinals, but that's only because Region 7 & 8 are weak regions as a whole. So, someone has to be a semifinal team. However, if you had Hardin County and a fully healthy South Gibson team in Region 7, then I believe both of those teams would be semifinal teams.