fayetteville hosts cascade

City223

AM game analysis--drinking coffee for this one:

The mighty Champions of Wartrace invaded Tiger Hill this past Friday Night & found the place a bit underwhelming.  It was a mediocre crowd with a goofy PA man who couldn't pronounce names correctly--or, he butchered them intentionally--which would be funny if true.  Lovvorn became Lavoin --rather than the name conveying a tough s.o.b Southern gentleman, this jackass made it sound as if he was a New England soy boy raised by a Karen--My natural inclination was to root against Lavoin & Shirley, so props to the PA guy if this was a deliberate ploy to take CascadeHomer out of the game...

There was a period where Cascade might take solace in a close loss to a talented team such as FC--for the most part that sentiment is gone, but I sense there are remnants of that poisonous mindset.  Just before the half, 4th & 2 from the 50yd line, if the expectation is to win the game, you get that first down--but if that remnant poisonous mindset creeps in & you simply want to keep the game close-you punt. The expectation vs a 3-5 team should obviously be victory, - even though everyone knew they had played a tough schedule,--but there seemed to be uncertainty whether or not we could hang--"just don't get blown-out 49-0!-- like Cascade did to Forrest last season kind of thing was in the minds of a few players-perhaps a coach or two too?... Cascade won the 2nd half 6-0 & the Champs would be overflowing with confidence if the stars align & there is a rematch in this season's playoffs (FC has a few dogs & they would be confident as well-would make for a great game!)

Cascade DC does it again--seems to be at his best vs high octane offenses (minus MC) (But then again, White was breaking tackles so maybe that one is on the players rather than the scheming)

Cascade Speed: based on the "eye" test, #12, 0, 2, 11, then 21---funny thing is, our 190lbs CB, #21, chased down & caught FC speedster #7 from behind, not once, but twice. No angles were involved--Our, I'm guessing, 5th fastest player, tracked him down & dumped him after an old-fashioned foot race.

Cascade offense: A bit too predictable--I love the powerful line & big backs, - but there is also a lot of speed on the roster & at least 3 kids that can chunk the ball downfield--Allow me a quick digression, CascadeHomer was a boxer in around 1980 with a 9-1 amateur/semi-pro record--CascadeHomer is a lover, not a fighter.  Often my opponents were tougher than me and yet 90% of the time, I lit them up! How is this possible?! Bc I didn't trade punches like a caveman, I used my length, my jab, my footwork. The same thing applies to football! Why run through a brick wall? If there is a passing threat, it becomes wood or straw rather than brick! Toughness is great, but it will get you dropped in boxing & stuffed at the line in football.

I am a simple man, but if #'s 0 & 21 line up wide on opposite sides & they run straight down the sideline & the QB is instructed to throw the ball to whichever Receiver isn't picked-up by the Safety, that is a high-probability match-up- as nearly every DB is shorter & slower than these two. 

And imagine if they identified the weakest CB & threw a pass to one of our big, fast receivers at the line of scrimmage---stay with me---and on the very next play, they fake that same pass to that same receiver with the weakest CB defending, but then, after he bites,  they lob the pass over his head & down the sideline for six...How much better does the run game look when the box isn't stacked?!   The Watertown game we displayed a dynamic offense.

Also, in the past, but worth mentioning, rather than win the Community game 68-0, what if we worked on the passing game?-- "We should be able to beat this group without running the ball, -Which is our strength & bread & butter, but we are literally passing every down!" kind of pregame speech.

What is the expectation for the Marion game? CascadeHomer will be predicting a W, I hope the team has the same expectation...

1 hour ago, cascadehomer said:

FC speedster #7

our speedster is coming off a high ankle sprain from last week. i feel like cascade’s problem is y’all seem to lack a true qb. the running game is there and it works but the qb doesn’t seem like the best throwing. there was also one pass play where the only route on the field was a slant what kind of playcalling is that ?

43 minutes ago, City223 said:

our speedster is coming off a high ankle sprain from last week. i feel like cascade’s problem is y’all seem to lack a true qb. the running game is there and it works but the qb doesn’t seem like the best throwing. there was also one pass play where the only route on the field was a slant what kind of playcalling is that ?

OK, thank you for making that race make sense… I was ready for our defense to let Marion county‘s #4 get past them just to see if they could track him down also. :-) but really, my broader point is that we have underrated team speed this season… this QB can throw the ball -although he did not display it versus FC, but he does have trouble seeing over the line at times… And I’m not sure what his new skipping-a-rock throwing  motion was that he pulled out versus your team, I had not seen that before— the one time that it worked was pretty cool though :-) 

You saw Lovvorn throw a beautiful deep ball on the trick play-lots of contact downfield that slowed the receiver or it was a TD—I love trick plays because I’m goofy-minded, but that play actually wasn’t even that deceptive bc everyone knew that it was going to be a pass—Imagine if they ran that play on 2nd & 1?!  We had 2nd & 1 several times—to me, that is a free shot downfield bc you can always pickup the yard on 3rd or 4th if necessary… #1, #11 and #21 can also throw a beautiful ball… The run game is where it’s at, but we have the pieces to threaten the pass. 

18 minutes ago, cascadehomer said:

OK, thank you for making that race make sense… I was ready for our defense to let Marion county‘s #4 get past them just to see if they could track him down also. :-) but really, my broader point is that we have underrated team speed this season… this QB can throw the ball -although he did not display it versus FC, but he does have trouble seeing over the line at times… And I’m not sure what his new skipping-a-rock throwing  motion was that he pulled out versus your team, I had not seen that before— the one time that it worked was pretty cool though :-) 

You saw Lovvorn throw a beautiful deep ball on the trick play-lots of contact downfield that slowed the receiver or it was a TD—I love trick plays because I’m goofy-minded, but that play actually wasn’t even that deceptive bc everyone knew that it was going to be a pass—Imagine if they ran that play on 2nd & 1?!  We had 2nd & 1 several times—to me, that is a free shot downfield bc you can always pickup the yard on 3rd or 4th if necessary… #1, #11 and #21 can also throw a beautiful ball… The run game is where it’s at, but we have the pieces to threaten the pass. 

4 isn’t that fast he’s just shifty and y’all do have some speed on the team but how fast our qb ran that first offensive play of the game for a td 7 is abt 5-6 steps faster healthy. the first pass i saw the qb throw i was confused then he just kept throwing it the same way so i assumed that was his throwing motion lol. on the trick play, the wr and safety were going back and forth so that’s probably why they didn’t throw the flag. there were a bunch of pass plays that were pass interference and a bunch of missed holding calls on both sides. it seems like the refs let them play it out and was fair with it

• Thanks 1