Gibbs 3-0 At AC 3-0 Region

4 hours ago, chrisburr said:

While this season has been filled with Parity like never before, I think 4A is the toughest class in the state by a haire, anyways....

Who Should Win: Gibbs 36-35

Who Will Win: Anderson County 42-35

Exactly. It appears when Playoffs start Region 1 and Region 2 Are best in state; usually as the state championship winner usually comes from there however this year could be another good one as Pearl Cohen has there same QB back and he was good last year. 

From the looks at everything the Mavs will need to work on the OL and or Passing. West was a tough loss but deep in playoffs every team will be a West or better. So Mavs offense still has lots of work before Playoffs and probably won't be tested until Betsy or Greeneville come around then it will be too late to practice, and that's not far away.

On a brighter note the Mavs Defence is playing spectacular. If the offense gets rolling they will be a Dream Team 2 be reconed with! 

Gibbs should be tough and the Mavs could very well do what they did against Carter. But you never know which Gibbs team shows up. Be prepared! 

So, the Region 1 champion has home field advantage throughout the playoffs. The 2nd place team has to go to the Region 2 bracket. And the loser of the Gibbs/AC game gets to visit Region 1 bracket. Anyway you slice it, I see Gibbs or AC facing Betsy or Greeneville in RD 2. The Semifinal should be a good one. With the winner facing Upperman unless they slip up. 
Also, week 11 has Pearl facing Marshall Co for the Region crown with the looser going to the Hardin Co bracket. 
I said it before. NOW, it gets real interesting, really fast. 
Im calling it for AC. 28-21

Edited by BigDaddyDave

1 hour ago, BigDaddyDave said:

So, the Region 1 champion has home field advantage throughout the playoffs. The 2nd place team has to go to the Region 2 bracket. And the loser of the Gibbs/AC game gets to visit Region 1 bracket. Anyway you slice it, I see Gibbs or AC facing Betsy or Greeneville in RD 2. The Semifinal should be a good one. With the winner facing Upperman unless they slip up. 
Also, week 11 has Pearl facing Marshall Co for the Region crown with the looser going to the Hardin Co bracket. 
I said it before. NOW, it gets real interesting, really fast. 
Im calling it for AC. 28-21

Good Break down Big Daddy. I am jumping the Gun but I believe, and will do my research later, but I believe Pearl will get back to Chattanooga and that they will play AC, Betsy then Greeneville in that order. I think just think Betsy may take Greeneville but it's a guess at best. So round #2 AC will travel to R1 Elizabethton or Greeneville and if AC wins they will be at home all the way to Chattanooga, Right? Let me know and I am just saying who ever wins R1 and R2 then they are at home until Chattanooga? 

6 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Good Break down Big Daddy. I am jumping the Gun but I believe, and will do my research later, but I believe Pearl will get back to Chattanooga and that they will play AC, Betsy then Greeneville in that order. I think just think Betsy may take Greeneville but it's a guess at best. So round #2 AC will travel to R1 Elizabethton or Greeneville and if AC wins they will be at home all the way to Chattanooga, Right? Let me know and I am just saying who ever wins R1 and R2 then they are at home until Chattanooga? 

Incorrect.  If AC wins their region then either Greeneville or Betsy will be playing at AC in round two. (Who ever finishes 2nd). The Quarters will be played at the region 1 winners home (I don’t see the #2 seed in Region 2 upsetting either Greeneville or Betsy) and also the Semi’s of the team that wins the Quarter Final game.

9 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

If AC were to beat Betsy in Rd 2, they would still travel to Greeneville for the 3rd round. No matter what the seeding is. East in the odd years, West in the even years. That’s why Betsy traveled to Nolensville in 2020. We were the 1 seed and they were a 2 seed. But we had to travel since it was an even year. If AC beats Gibbs, they would be guaranteed at least 2 home games. But would have to travel for the quarterfinals. I believe, if they won that game, the quad 2 winner would travel East.

17 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Gibbs travels to Anderson County. Both teams Undefeated in Region Play and the winner is more than likely to run the remaining table and be crowned Region Champion. Gibbs has a chance to end the 7 year AC monopoly. Since 2016 AC has won the region championship. Will Gibbs stop the regions top Predator Reign?

Gibbs has no chance to end your all’s reign. Check their schedule results.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Exactly. It appears when Playoffs start Region 1 and Region 2 Are best in state; usually as the state championship winner usually comes from there however this year could be another good one as Pearl Cohen has there same QB back and he was good last year. 

Yeah 4A is wide open this year and I definitely see a New Champion

I dont see AC Repeating

I doubt we (Fulton) win it this year

Greeneville aint winning it

I don't think Elizabethton gets their Title back

Pearl Cohn was in the title game last year and have unfinished business, but Marshall County is better I think

I can see Gibbs, Carter, Northview, Station Camp, Creek Wood, Obion County, Hixson, White County also as possible winners

But yeah the winners spot in 4A is wide open