H20 vs Macon

biggest

On 10/17/2023 at 3:44 PM, UpperCumberlandMan said:

With Tigers being in a  opened zoned County, the Macon County all star team will be way to much for  H20 to handle. To many advantages on Lafayette's side. 

Macon by 14. 

Wilson County population 152,000

Macon County population 25,700

lol nice try. These schools aren’t Putnam County High School loading up on athletes from out of their zone. 
Macon 27

Watertown 14

1 hour ago, 3rdandLong said:

I have no issue with schools playing within the rules set forth. That being said, some posters want to promote the idea that some schools don’t have advantages as a result of these rules, which is asinine. Schools that gain athletes from larger schools have an advantage. That’s just indisputable common sense. 

Furthermore, stating the only out of zone kids that have played sports at Watertown (or any other school that’s an open zoned school) had a “hardship, past issues or academics” you are either being disingenuous or haven’t been involved with the inner workings of high school sports and are just simply naive to the truth. 

I didn’t say there was or there wasn’t. I just said what the policy was as I understood it. I didn’t mean to intrude on your eminence. 

On 10/17/2023 at 3:44 PM, UpperCumberlandMan said:

With Tigers being in a  opened zoned County, the Macon County all star team will be way to much for  H20 to handle. To many advantages on Lafayette's side. 

Macon by 14. 

It must really sting like a bee knowing that everyone knows baxter county has an unfair advantage!

Macon can only get players from rbs a single A school Baxter county has cookville to get players from a city thats population ranks the 18th largest in the whole state. No way u can tell me that's fair to alot of schools.

And yes baxter county is good in every sport because of it but most are not impressed any school could do this if they had to population of a big city but they don't. So enjoy that all star team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mofojoe said:

It must really sting like a bee knowing that everyone knows baxter county has an unfair advantage!

Macon can only get players from rbs a single A school Baxter county has cookville to get players from a city thats population ranks the 18th largest in the whole state. No way u can tell me that's fair to alot of schools.

And yes baxter county is good in every sport because of it but most are not impressed any school could do this if they had to population of a big city but they don't. So enjoy that all star team.

They are not very good in soccer

18 hours ago, 3rdandLong said:

I have no issue with schools playing within the rules set forth. That being said, some posters want to promote the idea that some schools don’t have advantages as a result of these rules, which is asinine. Schools that gain athletes from larger schools have an advantage. That’s just indisputable common sense. 

Furthermore, stating the only out of zone kids that have played sports at Watertown (or any other school that’s an open zoned school) had a “hardship, past issues or academics” you are either being disingenuous or haven’t been involved with the inner workings of high school sports and are just simply naive to the truth. 

Thank u someone with common sense!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mofojoe said:

Some just don’t understand the numbers. Cookeville is the largest high school in the state. Just syphoning off 5 players a year in football from Cookeville is 20 players in basketball 2 a year is an entire team. It’s almost impossible for small county schools to produce enough talent to overcome this advantage. 

20 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Some just don’t understand the numbers. Cookeville is the largest high school in the state. Just syphoning off 5 players a year in football from Cookeville is 20 players in basketball 2 a year is an entire team. It’s almost impossible for small county schools to produce enough talent to overcome this advantage. 

I understand it just like u but they think they're just that good and sad part is it's an unfair advantage!

• Like 1