H20 vs Macon

biggest

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

Spot on… but typically when you see numerous penalties, missed tackles, etc… that’s on the coaches.

Listen… I think Hackett has done a really good job at H2O and I know the talent is down.

I just don’t think it’s right to pin all the issues you’ve seen this year on the kids. 

I typically don’t comment on ignorant post on this message board and I normally just ignore dumb people but you H2Oman have forced my hand. Not only is your lack of football IQ evident by your posts but you also sound like someone who has had a secret beef with Coach Hackett and you have finally found an opportunity to highlight this man when his team is having a bad season. I know the guy personally from when my kid played for him. He is the first to give kids the credit and will take any blame anyone wants to throw. I know how hard this guy works and I know his office is wide open for any keyboard warrior that wants to talk ball. so if you want to discuss football he would be happy to do it with you. I even have his contact info if you want to set up a time? 

8 minutes ago, MartyHuggins said:

I typically don’t comment on ignorant post on this message board and I normally just ignore dumb people but you H2Oman have forced my hand. Not only is your lack of football IQ evident by your posts but you also sound like someone who has had a secret beef with Coach Hackett and you have finally found an opportunity to highlight this man when his team is having a bad season. I know the guy personally from when my kid played for him. He is the first to give kids the credit and will take any blame anyone wants to throw. I know how hard this guy works and I know his office is wide open for any keyboard warrior that wants to talk ball. so if you want to discuss football he would be happy to do it with you. I even have his contact info if you want to set up a time? 

Haha!!! 

• Like 1

Just now, H2Oman said:

Haha!!! 

Just now, H2Oman said:

Haha!!! 

9 minutes ago, MartyHuggins said:

Let me further enlighten you there bud… you definitely have a reading comprehension problem and probably are in real life a Marty Huggins type… PS : you’re wife really liked the freezer;-)

4 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Let me further enlighten you there bud… you definitely have a reading comprehension problem and probably are in real life a Marty Huggins type… PS : you’re wife really liked the freezer;-)

You did a great job of dodging the question/comment that I posted. Just wanted to make sure you knew that you could go down there and talk to Hackett whenever you want instead of calling him out behind a keyboard. #Huggins2024

1 minute ago, MartyHuggins said:

You did a great job of dodging the question/comment that I posted. Just wanted to make sure you knew that you could go down there and talk to Hackett whenever you want instead of calling him out behind a keyboard. #Huggins2024

Who’s calling him out… as a matter of fact I said ( as recent as this thread) that he’s a good coach but I can guarantee that he would tell you that he could’ve done a better job last night. 

I think most respect Hackett and the job he does. He hasn't forgotten how to coach. I think most like Webster but anytime your team doesn't perform, the noise will get louder. Watertown has all the resources to do good. Community support is there, facilities are great, talent is in the building/on team. Down years are going to happen, but H20 better right the ship or the support will fade away as seen on this thread. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

I think most respect Hackett and the job he does. He hasn't forgotten how to coach. I think most like Webster but anytime your team doesn't perform, the noise will get louder. Watertown has all the resources to do good. Community support is there, facilities are great, talent is in the building/on team. Down years are going to happen, but H20 better right the ship or the support will fade away as seen on this thread. 

where's the talent ? just curious.

2 hours ago, ReallyREAL said:

where's the talent ? just curious.

This what I’m talking about… do we have the talent we had 3 or 4 years ago.? No, but we have more talent than to let a kid run for nearly 200 yards and go untouched numerous times in the first half.

Was MC better than us… absolutely! Were they running clock better than us… I don’t think so!

You can talk about Jimmy and Joes all day, but somewhere the coaches have to be held accountable when you get beat in this kind of fashion.

MC only scored 21 against Gordy and beat them by 14. We beat Gordy???

Last night wasn’t just a Jimmy and Joe issue. It was a team failure including the coaches… that means Hackett too! 

Edited by H2Oman
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

This what I’m talking about… do we have the talent we had 3 or 4 years ago.? No, but we have more talent than to let a kid run for nearly 200 yards and go untouched numerous times in the first half.

Was MC better than us… absolutely! Were they running clock better than us… I don’t think so!

You can talk about Jimmy and Joes all day, but somewhere the coaches have to be held accountable when you get beat in this kind of fashion.

Last night wasn’t just a Jimmy and Joe issue. It was a team failure including the coaches… that means Hackett too! 

i saw a lot of misreading keys and kids on the back end not being very physical in run support / offensively they didn't take what was given. and the line on bothside lost in the trenches .. how can 5 not block 3 :blink:. maybe they were mentally beat before kickoff

46 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Macon didn’t play Gordy (I am assuming you mean Gordonsville) BTW

their only close games were Smith and Upperman. Every other game they scored in the 30’s.