H20 vs Macon

biggest

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

This what I’m talking about… do we have the talent we had 3 or 4 years ago.? No, but we have more talent than to let a kid run for nearly 200 yards and go untouched numerous times in the first half.

Was MC better than us… absolutely! Were they running clock better than us… I don’t think so!

You can talk about Jimmy and Joes all day, but somewhere the coaches have to be held accountable when you get beat in this kind of fashion.

MC only scored 21 against Gordy and beat them by 14. We beat Gordy???

Last night wasn’t just a Jimmy and Joe issue. It was a team failure including the coaches… that means Hackett too! 

I haven’t had the opportunity to see Watertown this year, but did a few years ago. You guys had talent all over the field. Most games it wouldn’t have mattered who your coaches were, except when you were playing Trousdale or out of region. Appears that’s a different situation now. 

8 minutes ago, 3rdandLong said:

I haven’t had the opportunity to see Watertown this year, but did a few years ago. You guys had talent all over the field. Most games it wouldn’t have mattered who your coaches were, except when you were playing Trousdale or out of region. Appears that’s a different situation now. 

I’ve been watching H2O for 40 years plus and there is no doubt we were never as talented as we were there for about a 4-5 yr span and I may never see it again, but the team I seen last night laid down from the opening kickoff.

I’ve been a Webster proponent and thought highly of Hackett ( still do) but that team was not mentally prepared to play last night, which is puzzling seeing it was senior night.

100% agree with a lot of these posters about Jimmy and joes, but a well coached team doesn’t lay down like they did last night when they are well coached.

Doesn’t mean I don’t think Webster or Hackett forgot how to coach, but last night was not a good showing by anyone on the team.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I’ve been watching H2O for 40 years plus and there is no doubt we were never as talented as we were there for about a 4-5 yr span and I may never see it again, but the team I seen last night laid down from the opening kickoff.

I’ve been a Webster proponent and thought highly of Hackett ( still do) but that team was not mentally prepared to play last night, which is puzzling seeing it was senior night.

100% agree with a lot of these posters about Jimmy and joes, but a well coached team doesn’t lay down like they did last night when they are well coached.

Doesn’t mean I don’t think Webster or Hackett forgot how to coach, but last night was not a good showing by anyone on the team.

From an outsider, your responses on this thread seem logical and reasonable. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Not saying your wrong but there has been numerous times this year I’ve heard Hackett or the other coaches yelling where the play was going or trying to move someone to be able to make the play. Yet the players didn’t make the play. Not sure how you can put that on the coaches when they are literally telling them where the play is going. A couple years ago they would do the same thing but the players made the play. So, is that coaching has dropped off or talent has dropped off? Not saying it’s all on the players  because it’s not but it comes down to jimmys and Joe’s sometimes. Also as far as them being flat and laying down, did you happen to notice they was 2 offensive lineman down from prior weeks? That could have had something to do with getting beat so bad up front and at times not being able to block 3 with 5. 

17 hours ago, Merlyn said:

Not saying your wrong but there has been numerous times this year I’ve heard Hackett or the other coaches yelling where the play was going or trying to move someone to be able to make the play. Yet the players didn’t make the play. Not sure how you can put that on the coaches when they are literally telling them where the play is going. A couple years ago they would do the same thing but the players made the play. So, is that coaching has dropped off or talent has dropped off? Not saying it’s all on the players  because it’s not but it comes down to jimmys and Joe’s sometimes. Also as far as them being flat and laying down, did you happen to notice they was 2 offensive lineman down from prior weeks? That could have had something to do with getting beat so bad up front and at times not being able to block 3 with 5. 

5 should be able to block 3 that's just ball sense  no excuse... But Macon is a very well coached team for what they do , they do it well  and the kids GATA

Edited by ReallyREAL

I don't post much on here. Coming from a guy that's in the loop the coaches do a good job of coaching these kids A GOOD JOB. It comes down to players and talent, and right now the talent is down a few bright spots here and there but as a whole its down and to be honest its gonna get worse. The junior, sophomore and freshman classes lost some important pieces. The fact of the matter is Watertown is not growing as a community and if you think that they will compete in 3A with just Watertown home grown kids you're wrong. Maybe 1A and 2A but not 3A.  With all of the Wilson county school having some success open zone is not helping either. Maybe in band and cheerleading but not football

On 10/21/2023 at 11:26 AM, Khall555 said:

#1 A lot of people deny what is happening and like to call others “cry babies” (FYI you are not one of them(

#2 In Upperman’s best season ever they lost to Alcoa who is the very definition of packing a roster. Guess what the biggest gripe out of little ole Baxter was? Why complain when others beat you doing the same thing?

#3 the solution is pretty easy all teams must report how many players on the roster are out of zone. Only 5 will be eligible to play varsity football (2 in basketball). Playing any ineligible player in a game will be a forfeit and not reporting out of zone players is a 2 year postseason ban. If a team wants to play at a higher classification then more players become eligible. 

What is out of zone? Some counties are open zoned school choice so thst wouldn't help anything 

5 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

What is out of zone? Some counties are open zoned school choice so thst wouldn't help anything 

Out of busing zone. If everyone else in the neighborhood goes to Cookeville then that kid is “out of zone”. Funny how school choice has become a sports thing not for academic reasons. If 500 Cookeville freshman all wanted to go to Upperman would they all be allowed to go? Where is the limit? 

7 hours ago, Khall555 said:

If 500 Cookeville freshman all wanted to go to Upperman would they all be allowed to go? Where is the limit? 

It doesn't matter because it's all a fictional scenario in your head. You need some help pal. I suggest starting with taking those psych meds the doctor gave you

Edited by JohnnyRay

21 hours ago, JohnnyRay said:

It doesn't matter because it's all a fictional scenario in your head. You need some help pal. I suggest starting with taking those psych meds the doctor gave you

Poor Upperman even suggesting that they actually have to play by the same rules as everyone else is considered dangerous. 

On 10/25/2023 at 9:59 AM, Khall555 said:

Out of busing zone. If everyone else in the neighborhood goes to Cookeville then that kid is “out of zone”. Funny how school choice has become a sports thing not for academic reasons. If 500 Cookeville freshman all wanted to go to Upperman would they all be allowed to go? Where is the limit? 

Yes they could and UHS would play in 5a with 599 more kids. It's numbers classifications based system.. Counties can't tell other counties how to bus or zone thier schools so sports are exactly even. I am sure MTSU wants the same revenue as Bama but its not reality. 9 state championships has watered down football enough in my opinion.