Congrats Central & Refs

2 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

You talking about the play they correctly ruled out at the 1? Replay showed it was correct. How about Heritage turning it over 6 times?

The first interception was on a obvious pass interference... but outside of that all the turnovers were on Heritage. The refs certainly were not the causation of the loss tonight. The fact that Heritage was in the game at all was a miracle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

The play in question was a great effort by #7 from Heritage. He stretched for the endzone with his right arm. His left arm hit the ground out of bounds just before he hit the pylon with the ball. Great play by Central DL on the next play on 4th down. Good high school game by 2 very mediocre to bad teams. 

You have to see were Heritage has came from 2-38 4 years pryor to the coaching staff that has changed a lot of things there for the better. This was rock bottom as you could get it. This years team only has one senior on defense and a hand full of freshmen starting. Their time is coming .

I really thought Heritage was gonna win this game going into it but its very hard to overcome 3 turnovers let alone 6 in a game.

The fact they had a chance late in the 4th qtr despite all those turnovers is impressive.

Fun game to watch and congrats to Central for proving me wrong. 

Heritage unfortunately had the bad luck of being in a region with West and Powell because if they had been in Oak Ridge's region theyd be the 2 or 3 seed with blowout wins over Karns and Lenoir City and probably have beaten Campbell Co while they were at it.

Looking forward to seeing Heritage improve and see what they have next year.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

I really thought Heritage was gonna win this game going into it but its very hard to overcome 3 turnovers let alone 6 in a game.

The fact they had a chance late in the 4th qtr despite all those turnovers is impressive.

Fun game to watch and congrats to Central for proving me wrong. 

Heritage unfortunately had the bad luck of being in a region with West and Powell because if they had been in Oak Ridge's region theyd be the 2 or 3 seed with blowout wins over Karns and Lenoir City and probably have beaten Campbell Co while they were at it.

Looking forward to seeing Heritage improve and see what they have next year.

I just hope the coach stays and don't leave. He has that option now if he wants. This team has a lot of young players and 10 coming back on defense. That freshman running back looks to be a big time player from what I seen. If that kid had held onto the ball at the one inch line that may have went into overtime. They have a good chance against Sargent Flip Flop and the crew from Clinton next week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HTV said:

Heritage turning the ball over time after time after time was the reason they lost, not the officials.  

Besides, the officials were from the association that services Blount County.  Knox County officials weren't there.  

I didn't know Barry Mathis was in his 48th year of calling football. If he is anything like his dad who is most likely still working in his late 80's we'll turn on the TV one night to see Barry doing his 75th year. Great guy and a great family.