fayetteville hosts forrest

City223

You've said you were there 3x.   We get it.   Don't understand how that is relevant.  The TV cameras and replays were way better than the average seat at that field.  Assuming your my age or near that your eyesight can't be too good.  Hearing is likely less than 50%.  You're actually undermining yourself. All due respect.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

You've said you were there 3x.   We get it.   Don't understand how that is relevant.  The TV cameras and replays were way better than the average seat at that field.  Assuming your my age or near that your eyesight can't be too good.  Hearing is likely less than 50%.  You're actually undermining yourself. All due respect.  

We also get it that you want Eli gone. 

I can't help you there.

I think you're pissed because someone else gives their honest take on a game & gives Eli a better grade on his coaching report card than you do. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, City223 said:

go on facebook and search “fayetteville tiger sports network” they have the last drive filmed and the actual scoreboard on the feed. 

Without a doubt the game clock management was adjusted on the last drive. Up until that point if someone ran out of bounds or got a first down or even an incomplete pass the play clock ran until the officials on the field gave a signal. Anywhere from 2-3 seconds ran off post play. The last drive the Play clock guy was stopping on his own and he was very generous. Super quick on the stops and slow on a few starts. On the 9 yard run that only took 4 seconds ( after not starting it on time) he stopped the clock when the coach on the sideline signaled timeout none of the on-the-field officials waved arms for another 2-3 seconds.. Twice on runs he didn't start it until the ball carrier from the shotgun position was 4 yards downfield. Forrest didn't make tackles in bounds and the pass rush at the end was criminal but no objective person can watch the final drive and say the clock guy was consistent. 

13 hours ago, TCSports1 said:

Somebody answer my question. How many times have you seen 4 plays in 14 seconds with a 9 yard run sprinkled in? (Other than tonight) It was a great game. No debating. Fayetteville’s players made plays. Just stinks for our players and program. I don’t usually get worked up but I love this group and desperately wanted something good for them. We will move on and show up next week. 

You will rarely (never) see it because the average football play takes 6 seconds from snap to being blown dead. A 3 yard run will take 5-6 seconds. If you run the ball with 11 seconds with a TO you will only get one more play after that. On back to back plays City took the snap at the 34 yard line in shotgun dropped back 4 yards and threw it to the 10 yard line. Both plays took 4-5 seconds. The clock guy stopped the clock well before any field officials gave signals. In 11 seconds City ran a 9 yard run AND TWO  play action passes. Which left 3 seconds. WOW. 

Had to recap how amazing the final drive was. The most efficient high school 2 minute drill. Fayetteville went 80 yards in 1:18 with one timeout. They ran 10 plays in 78 seconds. Three of the ten were running plays. Plays were:

1:18   7 yard pass - 4 secs out of bounds 

1:14   5 yd pass - 5 secs  out of bounds

1:09    8 yd run  Clock didn't start until QB ran 9 yards. From shotgun snap to 4 yards downfield. Clock runs.

0:43    17 yd run - Clock runs.

0:30    11 yd pass out of bounds. (Curious stop of play to measure when it was an obvious first down)  7 secs

0:23    INC pass ball travelled from the 40 to the 10 in the air    4 secs

0:19   INC pass ball travelled from the 40 to the 10 in the air    5 secs    Bogus Pass Interference call here.

0:14   INC  Fake Jet QB rolls right throws to flat.  3 secs

0:11  9 yard run up the middle    4 secs Timeout. Clock doesn't start until #8 is 4 yards downfield. He took handoff from shotgun. 8-9 seconds run from the snap until the City player signal TO and the official waves his arms. 

0:07   INC Fake Jet roll right and throw to goal line  4 secs

0:03 game winning throw. Forrest drops 8 doesn't contain either side and let's left handed QB (Division 1 prospect)  roll to his left have a run or pass option and throw game winning TD when defenders have to come up before he runs it in. Game Over. 

Recap to come later (maybe). 

13 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I was there.

There wasn't anything out of line I can assure you or anyone else of that.

Uh. I thought you had sharper eyes than that. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, City223 said:

start the parade lol

I didn't realize your DC doesn't watch film. Acted like he'd never seen a jet, a double handoff reverse, or a bootleg pass. 

6 hours ago, Snowballschance said:

Chapel hill had lots and lots of talent. All night you saw 9th and 10th graders making big time plays for them, definitely a scary team in the next 2-3 years and will likely have atleast 1 legit chance at a gold ball. 

Thanks. That's our feeling as well. Also had Seniors 2, 4, 6, 11, 16, and 68 play about every snap. They are warriors and mix well with the young guys. All deserve better than they are getting. You also have to consider IMO the best lineman in 2A and our starting QB missed the entire season and there are 5-6 guys per grade who could contribute but won't play for current guy. 

Just now, Salem said:

I didn't realize your DC doesn't watch film. Acted like he'd never seen a jet, a double handoff reverse, or a bootleg pass. 

our dc is one of the best and has always completely shutdown the wing t. this team has uncoachable kids that don’t do their assignments which led to what you saw last night

3 hours ago, Salem said:

Without a doubt the game clock management was adjusted on the last drive. Up until that point if someone ran out of bounds or got a first down or even an incomplete pass the play clock ran until the officials on the field gave a signal. Anywhere from 2-3 seconds ran off post play. The last drive the Play clock guy was stopping on his own and he was very generous. Super quick on the stops and slow on a few starts. On the 9 yard run that only took 4 seconds ( after not starting it on time) he stopped the clock when the coach on the sideline signaled timeout none of the on-the-field officials waved arms for another 2-3 seconds.. Twice on runs he didn't start it until the ball carrier from the shotgun position was 4 yards downfield. Forrest didn't make tackles in bounds and the pass rush at the end was criminal but no objective person can watch the final drive and say the clock guy was consistent. 

You will rarely (never) see it because the average football play takes 6 seconds from snap to being blown dead. A 3 yard run will take 5-6 seconds. If you run the ball with 11 seconds with a TO you will only get one more play after that. On back to back plays City took the snap at the 34 yard line in shotgun dropped back 4 yards and threw it to the 10 yard line. Both plays took 4-5 seconds. The clock guy stopped the clock well before any field officials gave signals. In 11 seconds City ran a 9 yard run AND TWO  play action passes. Which left 3 seconds. WOW. 

Had to recap how amazing the final drive was. The most efficient high school 2 minute drill. Fayetteville went 80 yards in 1:18 with one timeout. They ran 10 plays in 78 seconds. Three of the ten were running plays. Plays were:

1:18   7 yard pass - 4 secs out of bounds 

1:14   5 yd pass - 5 secs  out of bounds

1:09    8 yd run  Clock didn't start until QB ran 9 yards. From shotgun snap to 4 yards downfield. Clock runs.

0:43    17 yd run - Clock runs.

0:30    11 yd pass out of bounds. (Curious stop of play to measure when it was an obvious first down)  7 secs

0:23    INC pass ball travelled from the 40 to the 10 in the air    4 secs

0:19   INC pass ball travelled from the 40 to the 10 in the air    5 secs    Bogus Pass Interference call here.

0:14   INC  Fake Jet QB rolls right throws to flat.  3 secs

0:11  9 yard run up the middle    4 secs Timeout. Clock doesn't start until #8 is 4 yards downfield. He took handoff from shotgun. 8-9 seconds run from the snap until the City player signal TO and the official waves his arms. 

0:07   INC Fake Jet roll right and throw to goal line  4 secs

0:03 game winning throw. Forrest drops 8 doesn't contain either side and let's left handed QB (Division 1 prospect)  roll to his left have a run or pass option and throw game winning TD when defenders have to come up before he runs it in. Game Over. 

Recap to come later (maybe). 

Uh. I thought you had sharper eyes than that. 

This is brilliant. 

Home cooking.  I thought a ref was supposed to run the clock.  

And the defense OUT OF A TIMEOUT on the last play of the game was bad news bear esque