Westmoreland @ Trousdale County

GBO52

Westmoreland travels to TC this Friday, if I’m correct only one team will make the playoffs. Must win for both teams. TC seems to be finding their stride at the right time after a couple of the worst seasons in TC history. Westy coming off a defensive domination against Portland with some big positives on the offensive side of the ball as well. This has the potential to be a really good game. 

6 minutes ago, TheBlueprint said:

Little ole me says if SC beats Monterey, and Westmoreland beats TC, there will be 3 teams sitting at 2-3 in region play and all have beat each other.

TC 2-3 with win over Monterey

Westmoreland 2-3 with win over TC

Monterey 2-3 with win over Westmoreland

Anybody know how the tie breaker for the 4 spot would play out? 

SC will beat Monterey by 4+ touchdowns. 

4 hours ago, BCB~MVP said:

Overall record is the first tie breaker, and all 3 would be 5-5. I think the next goes to opponents records and Montereys opponents have more wins. Monterey is in the playoffs, seed to be decided. For TC and Westy, playoffs are NOW!

I could have made a clerical or mathematical error, but I counted Westmoreland’s opponents (to date) have won 53 games and Monterey’s opponents have won 51 games. However, even if I am right for now, we don’t know how many games each team’s opponents will win this week. If Westmoreland’s opponents do have more wins after this week’s games, Westmoreland beats TC, and SC beats Monterey, then Westmoreland beats out Monterey for third place. Then, applying the first tie breaker for fourth place, TC wins because with equal records, the first tie breaker is did one of the teams tied beat all the other teams tied. Since there would be only two teams tied for fourth place, and TC beat the other team tied for fourth place, TC wins the tie for fourth place even if they lose to Westmoreland.

This stuff can be confusing, and can get to be a little complex. Therefore, I wouldn’t bet the farm that my analysis above is correct, but as an Old Yellow Jacket, I just hope the playoff streak continues.