Tyner comes to Meigs County

Dadof2

4 hours ago, Ram4Life said:

Tyner did play their best game of the year but Rhea helped with some early turnovers that gave Tyner momentum.  It was only 20-14 Tyner at half but the Rams scored on 4 straight possessions in the second half and did a pretty good job all night of controlling Rhea County's run game.  Scores against common opponents - it certainly looks like Meigs is 3 TDs better than Tyner but I sure would have thought the Tigers would have been 3 or 4 TDs better than Polk County too.  The most likely scenario has Meigs 1 and Tyner 3 and if the Rams could pull a win at Sequatchie in Week 1 of the playoffs they will be right back at Meigs for a rematch only two weeks after the first game.  Might get interesting.  

Great post bud. Good to see you on. Safe travels this week. It's not too far fetched that scenario you mentioned. If you can beat Rhea you definitely have a shot at the upset against us. The Centrals game will likely be a good one. 

12 hours ago, RichyRich said:

If Tyner somehow beat Meigs would they be seeded above central?

6 hours ago, Ram4Life said:

If Chatt Central somehow beats McMinn Central and Tyner upsets Meigs (I know both are a stretch) - Tyner would be the one seed.  So Meigs doesn't officially have the one locked up.  Loss by the Chargers to the Pounders would be their second region loss and Tyner/Meigs if each had one loss would go to head to head.  Not likely but it is possible.

5 hours ago, Ram4Life said:

Tyner did play their best game of the year but Rhea helped with some early turnovers that gave Tyner momentum.  It was only 20-14 Tyner at half but the Rams scored on 4 straight possessions in the second half and did a pretty good job all night of controlling Rhea County's run game.  Scores against common opponents - it certainly looks like Meigs is 3 TDs better than Tyner but I sure would have thought the Tigers would have been 3 or 4 TDs better than Polk County too.  The most likely scenario has Meigs 1 and Tyner 3 and if the Rams could pull a win at Sequatchie in Week 1 of the playoffs they will be right back at Meigs for a rematch only two weeks after the first game.  Might get interesting.  

If McMinn C and Meigs were to be upset, then the seeding would look like

Tyner

Meigs

McMinn C 

Brainerd.

Good call on that btw. I hadn't given consideration to a two team upset on the last game of the season. 

Edited by Yeti

2 hours ago, Yeti said:

If McMinn C and Meigs were to be upset, then the seeding would look like

Tyner

Meigs

McMinn C 

Brainerd.

Good call on that btw. I hadn't given consideration to a two team upset on the last game of the season. 

I hadn’t ether, at the game they said Meigs clenched the 1 seed, for some reason I didn’t think about Tyner only having one loss.

13 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I hadn’t ether, at the game they said Meigs clenched the 1 seed, for some reason I didn’t think about Tyner only having one loss.

Tyner has improved considerably since the season started and their young, talented players have responded and grown up quick. If Tyner has most of these players back next season they'll have a good chance to win the Region, along with McMinn Central.... in my opinion.
I don't know enough about the other teams in the Region to comment on how good they'll be next season.

Edited by blitzinbuc

I don't see Meigs helping Tyner out this week, but we are talking about high school kids.  This Meigs team has played disciplined ball most of the season with few mental mistakes.  I do not know much about Tyner this season but looking at their schedule I would agree that they seem much improved from the beginning of the season until now.  But so is Meigs.

Separation Thursday. Hopefully we will get revenge for the beating we took last year. I still believe we win by 3 tds. Nothing against Tyner, I'm sure they are a good team and improved over the course of the year, but so are we. I look for a high intensity game from Meigs tonight. I hope we show up and show out.

Safe travels to you Tyner folks. 

tigers-football-mascot-face-wearing-260nw-1447146449.jpg.ca3292dbbcfb6ecbf74718eb465e64f0.jpg

Dadof2 I hope you are correct on the score prediction, but I have a feeling this one might be a nail biter.  I do thnnk Meigs will come out on top, but not sure it will be by three touchdowns.  I just think Tyner is playing good and has a lot on the line just like Meigs.  Should be a great high school game and I say Meigs 28-20.  I am not a Guru but I approve this message

4 hours ago, RakingCoal said:

Dadof2 I hope you are correct on the score prediction, but I have a feeling this one might be a nail biter.  I do thnnk Meigs will come out on top, but not sure it will be by three touchdowns.  I just think Tyner is playing good and has a lot on the line just like Meigs.  Should be a great high school game and I say Meigs 28-20.  I am not a Guru but I approve this message

I hope I’m right too. I haven’t seen Tyner this year just basing it off scores in region play.

Tyner vs Brainerd 14-12

Meigs vs Brainerd 49-20

Tyner vs Chat Central 27-21

Meigs vs Chat Central 34-6

Meigs will have the best defense that Tyner has seen in region play, and I believe we will be to physical, and I don’t see them stopping Meigs run game.and to be honest I don’t think they are playing good football right now because they have lost 2 out of the last 3, and after taking to a few Rhea people, it sounds like they are having a lot of problems and some of the players have checked out on this coaching staff. but we will see in a few hours.