Tyner comes to Meigs County

Dadof2

On 10/26/2023 at 4:00 AM, Yeti said:

Separation Thursday. Hopefully we will get revenge for the beating we took last year. I still believe we win by 3 tds. Nothing against Tyner, I'm sure they are a good team and improved over the course of the year, but so are we. I look for a high intensity game from Meigs tonight. I hope we show up and show out.

Safe travels to you Tyner folks. 

tigers-football-mascot-face-wearing-260nw-1447146449.jpg.ca3292dbbcfb6ecbf74718eb465e64f0.jpg

That was a hard fought game, we fumbled on the first possession and gave them momentum and it was a dogfight from there. Two big plays on that last possession, 3rd and 15 and we get a 30 yard pass play and a big run to take it down to the 2 yard line and take a knee for a 10-0 regular season.

Edited by Dadof2

10 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Tyner has a good looking football team, size and speed, they have definitely gotten better through out the season. They will be a handful next year. 

If Tyner has a lot of young players I agree about next year!  The 2nd place team of Region 4 will have their hands full in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

That was a hard fought game, we fumbled on the first possession and gave them momentum and it was a dogfight from there. Two big plays on that last possession, 3rd and 15 this a 30 yard pass play and big run to take it down to the 2 yard line and take a knee for a 10-0 regular season.

Played out like a playoff game. 

15 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

If Meigs and Tyner both win their first round playoff game, they'll meet up again in Decatur in the second round. 
Assuming Giles beats Sequatchie tonight, then the improved Rams could very well win their game at Sequatchie next Friday.

You sure? I thought we would get the H20 and Central winner.

I'm clearly out of touch on the brackets and how it goes. Thanks for the info though.

6 minutes ago, Yeti said:

You sure? I thought we would get the H20 and Central winner.

I'm clearly out of touch on the brackets and how it goes. Thanks for the info though.

No, the Central / Watertown winner will play the winner of the Brainerd / Giles Co. (assumed) winner in round 2. 
2023 Class 3A State Football Playoffs Bracket (tssaasports.com)

On 10/25/2023 at 1:17 PM, CaptainGuru said:

Tyner will not mercy rule Meigs County in this game. This will be a good ball game and Meigs County will win it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Tyner Rams did not mercy rule Meigs Tigers in this game. It was a good game and Meigs Tigers won it. I knew I was right about this game. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.