Tyner comes to Meigs County

Dadof2

14 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Meigs comes in after dominating Brainerd, can they continue the winning streak and go undefeated, or will the young improving Rams that beat a much larger school in Rhea County, come in and snap the winning streak. Thoughts on this one?

14 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Very surprised the rams beat rhea county quite convincingly

Great game to get both teams ready for the playoffs. I hope we all come out healthy. This game has no impact on the seeding of the playoffs as Meigs has clinched #1 with the Brainerd win. That being said, I know these kids enough to know they aren't going to play like it doesn't matter. :hungry:  These kids want to finish the regular season without a loss, and want to be the best they can be. Can the Tigers derail the Ram train? Will playing on a Thursday have any impact on either team? Will Tyner playing like they are, upset the #2 Seed in region 4 in round 1 which should be Sequatchie. Good football ahead, and the 2 vs 3 seed in our regions in the first round could very well be a toss-up. Who ya got in this one?

If Meigs doesn't have any hiccups I believe we will win by 3 scores. 

Meigs 35

Tyner 14

Tyners weakness seems to be their defense. Offensively they seem to be able to score points and more so toward the end of the season. 

8 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I know that Rhea is down some this year but Rhea did beat Red Bank and Tyner lost to Red Bank the first game of the season 44-6 that tells me they are definitely improving.

Seems Tyner has improved and Red Bank has regressed some (maybe injuries) but I see a good ball game brewing with Meigs with the win but maybe a 4th quarter game.Good luck Meigs.I said this back in 13 when we had you all on the schedule a few years and you all were a badly coached team but LOTS of very good players that when you all got some coaching -Watch out!A Meigs fan came and stood by me on our side during the game and said why are you guys always so good and I said we always have talent and just enough coaching to put us in the right place at the right time.Then Ryan came and took us over the top.He said I can't understand why we can't win (had 50 to 60 kids on the sideline).I told him to just hang in their and at some point the right guy would realize your potential and low and behold Fitz came and the rest is history.Very glad to see you all being so successful!

35 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Seems Tyner has improved and Red Bank has regressed some (maybe injuries) but I see a good ball game brewing with Meigs with the win but maybe a 4th quarter game.Good luck Meigs.I said this back in 13 when we had you all on the schedule a few years and you all were a badly coached team but LOTS of very good players that when you all got some coaching -Watch out!A Meigs fan came and stood by me on our side during the game and said why are you guys always so good and I said we always have talent and just enough coaching to put us in the right place at the right time.Then Ryan came and took us over the top.He said I can't understand why we can't win (had 50 to 60 kids on the sideline).I told him to just hang in their and at some point the right guy would realize your potential and low and behold Fitz came and the rest is history.Very glad to see you all being so successful!

Sometimes as a fan it can be hard to be patient, but you are right, Fitz came in and set the tone and put players in position to be successful and win games. I think Bunch and all the coaches are doing a great job, I think the offense is a little more balanced this year, we have the ability to spread the field and throw to some good receivers that can take it to the house, and a QB that can throw it or kill you with his legs, and two stud RB that run hard and that are always going forward. The defense is very physical. Brainerd has a big O and D line with athletes everywhere but Meigs beat them up for three quarters and they didn’t want anymore. I’m hoping we come out and set the tone just like that with Tyne, if we do it will be about the same if not it will be a four quarter game. Good luck to you guys

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Thanks O&B, will be nice when you all get the coaching you want as well. I've no idea what is in store for us next year as far as talent. I do know if we drop off it's not due to coaching. I can live with that. With you all the best. 

4 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Sometimes as a fan it can be hard to be patient, but you are right, Fitz came in and set the tone and put players in position to be successful and win games. I think Bunch and all the coaches are doing a great job, I think the offense is a little more balanced this year, we have the ability to spread the field and throw to some good receivers that can take it to the house, and a QB that can throw it or kill you with his legs, and two stud RB that run hard and that are always going forward. The defense is very physical. Brainerd has a big O and D line with athletes everywhere but Meigs beat them up for three quarters and they didn’t want anymore. I’m hoping we come out and set the tone just like that with Tyne, if we do it will be about the same if not it will be a four quarter game. Good luck to you guys

Regardless of what happens Thursday, Coach Bunch and his staff has done a remarkable job with the team this season. New coaching staff, new philosophies, 9 straight weeks without a break, yet they're undefeated playing a pretty tough schedule and winning the Region their first season in Class 3.
I bet no one thought Meigs would be undefeated after 9 games (and hopefully 10).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yeti said:

Great game to get both teams ready for the playoffs. I hope we all come out healthy. This game has no impact on the seeding of the playoffs as Meigs has clinched #1 with the Brainerd win. That being said, I know these kids enough to know they aren't going to play like it doesn't matter. :hungry:  These kids want to finish the regular season without a loss, and want to be the best they can be. Can the Tigers derail the Ram train? Will playing on a Thursday have any impact on either team? Will Tyner playing like they are, upset the #2 Seed in region 4 in round 1 which should be Sequatchie. Good football ahead, and the 2 vs 3 seed in our regions in the first round could very well be a toss-up. Who ya got in this one?

If Meigs doesn't have any hiccups I believe we will win by 3 scores. 

Meigs 35

Tyner 14

Tyners weakness seems to be their defense. Offensively they seem to be able to score points and more so toward the end of the season. 

If Tyner somehow beat Meigs would they be seeded above central?

If Chatt Central somehow beats McMinn Central and Tyner upsets Meigs (I know both are a stretch) - Tyner would be the one seed.  So Meigs doesn't officially have the one locked up.  Loss by the Chargers to the Pounders would be their second region loss and Tyner/Meigs if each had one loss would go to head to head.  Not likely but it is possible.

• Like 1

Tyner did play their best game of the year but Rhea helped with some early turnovers that gave Tyner momentum.  It was only 20-14 Tyner at half but the Rams scored on 4 straight possessions in the second half and did a pretty good job all night of controlling Rhea County's run game.  Scores against common opponents - it certainly looks like Meigs is 3 TDs better than Tyner but I sure would have thought the Tigers would have been 3 or 4 TDs better than Polk County too.  The most likely scenario has Meigs 1 and Tyner 3 and if the Rams could pull a win at Sequatchie in Week 1 of the playoffs they will be right back at Meigs for a rematch only two weeks after the first game.  Might get interesting.