Science Hill visits Dobyns-Bennett

BarneySox2007

58 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

The last 3 or 4 years have been some of the least athletic DB teams I have seen. Sci Hill has several kids that can run

Fastest kid on SH team didn’t even play last night. He’s their best WR and apparently got hurt Wednesday in practice. He’s got offers from Big 10 schools for track.

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Science Hill year in and year out has better athletes than DB. This year DB has about 5 or 6 good players with the rest about average or less. Might have to go all the way back to about 2008 to find a weaker DB team. The QB Sykes is good, but it took the coaching staff over halfway into the season to give him a shot. You're right, running backs are slow. Not much speed anywhere on the team. Sykes is just a step away from having good enough speed to break it. Science Hill and DB should be in a bidding war right now for Shawn Witten. But it will never happen. They're just not that smart. 

Agree with you. For some reason I think SH AD might be from Elizabethton. Makes you wonder...

15 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I don't know how long it's going to take but I think Shawn Witten eventually goes to Science Hill. Science Hill has enough talent year in and year out to be competing for state titles. Just never had a very good coaching staff. 

I think he'd be more likely to go to DB then SHill

I think DB still has politics but the city of Kingsport would let him do what he wanted more then JC would. He won't want to set up his youth program while having to deal with the JC parks department who will definitely not give him what he wants.

I don't think he leaves Elizabethton any time soon they might have the best middle school team in the state right now and the youth program is cooking. His brother coaches flag at Milligan as well and with it being in the Olympics there's a chance they might be the team USA coaches 

1 hour ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Doesn't matter who is coaching. If they don't get control over the whole program it won't work and SH and DB seem to be stuck neck deep in the Good ol boy mindset

Wouldn’t be so sure about SH once Carter is no longer there. The AD at SH has proven he’ll do what he likes. He did it with the hire of the boys basketball coach and again with the new cross country coach. He’s made it pretty clear lately he’ll hire who he wants regardless of what the community or those “in house” want.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cheezewhizzz said:

Kingsport cares about losing to SH

STADIUM was packed!

Enjoy the L model city

keep pretending it doesn’t matter!!

see you again in 365!!!

Trying to feel relevant? The stadium is always packed. They come to see the band. You'll find out next week that it didn't matter. No pretending. 

16 hours ago, Topperman77 said:

I think he'd be more likely to go to DB then SHill

I think DB still has politics but the city of Kingsport would let him do what he wanted more then JC would. He won't want to set up his youth program while having to deal with the JC parks department who will definitely not give him what he wants.

I don't think he leaves Elizabethton any time soon they might have the best middle school team in the state right now and the youth program is cooking. His brother coaches flag at Milligan as well and with it being in the Olympics there's a chance they might be the team USA coaches 

Betsy 8th grade lost to Devils 8th grade this year. However, Betsy’s 6/7th grade team did beat Greeneville’s in OT.

3 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Betsy 8th grade lost to Devils 8th grade this year. However, Betsy’s 6/7th grade team did beat Greeneville’s in OT.

Sometimes that doesn't pan out in the future.I watched both Dobyns Bennett 8Th grade teams beat Greeneville's 8th grade with a lot of stud 7th graders playing for the young Devils a few years ago. Four years later, Dobyns Bennett with both those middle schools combined couldn't beat the Devils.

4 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

Sometimes that doesn't pan out in the future.I watched both Dobyns Bennett 8Th grade teams beat Greeneville's 8th grade with a lot of stud 7th graders playing for the young Devils a few years ago. Four years later, Dobyns Bennett with both those middle schools combined couldn't beat the Devils.

Totally understand, just responding that GHS FEEDER might be almost as good as Betsy’s. Modified pissing contest.

Edited by noonesfool