Science Hill visits Dobyns-Bennett

BarneySox2007

4 minutes ago, KPTwrestlingfan said:

Its funny to me, Carters only real accomplishment at SH is beating DB. Has he ever had them practicing on Thanksgiving, how many times have they made it past the second round? From what he was when he left South to what hes done at SH, id actually be kinda disappointed if I was a Hilltopper.

I don't know how long it's going to take but I think Shawn Witten eventually goes to Science Hill. Science Hill has enough talent year in and year out to be competing for state titles. Just never had a very good coaching staff. 

3 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I don't know how long it's going to take but I think Shawn Witten eventually goes to Science Hill. Science Hill has enough talent year in and year out to be competing for state titles. Just never had a very good coaching staff. 

This, theyre the 3rd largest enrollment in the state, they have athletes for days. If they pull someone like Witten or get Ballard to come out of retirement theyll be beating DB by 40.

On the other hand, I had this conversation with a friend the other day, if ETSU fires Quarles and wants to try another local HS coach, I wouldnt be surprised to see Shawn get a call.

7 minutes ago, KPTwrestlingfan said:

Lol, youre a child.

Hey, we could bring Clark back. He beat Carter every year but couldn't beat anybody else. Kinda' like Carter beats Christian every year but can't beat anybody else. I mean since the only important thing is to win the battle of Kingsport and Johnson City. 

Edited by WaCoJaCo

2 minutes ago, TriCitiesRebels said:

Possible, Coach Carter was emotional after the game tonight. Makes you wonder if there is already a deal in place with one of the athletic directors who was in attendance tonight. They had to be impressed with what they saw 

Yeah, I heard he peed his pants. 

2 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Hey, we could bring Clark back. He beat Carter every year but couldn't beat anybody else. Kinda' like Carter beats Christian every year but can't beat anybody else. I mean since the only important thing is to win the battle of Kingsport and Johnson City. 

I mean, there is no we for me in this fight. At this point thought im sure most Indian fans would be ok with that.

5 minutes ago, KPTwrestlingfan said:

This, theyre the 3rd largest enrollment in the state, they have athletes for days. If they pull someone like Witten or get Ballard to come out of retirement theyll be beating DB by 40.

On the other hand, I had this conversation with a friend the other day, if ETSU fires Quarles and wants to try another local HS coach, I wouldnt be surprised to see Shawn get a call.

I don't think they'll try another HS coach. And I also don't think the situation at ETSU is Quarles fault. But it's usually the head coach that it falls on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Two average teams (at best) played tonight. Took overtime to decide which sucked the worst. You should be happy that your Toppers didn't suck the worst. Maybe have a parade down Wilson Ave. tomorrow. 

Waco you're cracking me up, this loss plays right in yall hands, of course you have to make Bearden the favorites but yall weakness Bearden can't take advantage of, Bearden has 2 real good rb and a receiver that gets carries too, they can't take advantage of yall secondary, the average about 5 passes a game and 3 of them are incompletes

32 minutes ago, StarBright87 said:

Waco you're cracking me up, this loss plays right in yall hands, of course you have to make Bearden the favorites but yall weakness Bearden can't take advantage of, Bearden has 2 real good rb and a receiver that gets carries too, they can't take advantage of yall secondary, the average about 5 passes a game and 3 of them are incompletes

Our weakness is standing on the sideline wearing a ball cap and a pair of shorts. Good guy, good line coach, but he's just not head coach material. Offensive play calling is middle school level. We've got about 5 more years of this before they figure out it ain't working. Thats how it's done in Kingsport. 

Edited by WaCoJaCo
  • Like 1