Greeneville at Elizabethton

BarneySox2007

5 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I may be missing something and I watched both teams but nothing is outstanding or shall I say standing out to me. The big Quellian run looked more like a lot of Betsy gave up on the play or were tired. I seen some blocks and it may one of those lala you sleep plays until defence is tired as well. But one could say the same for the AC West game too.

Mav, here you are stating there is nothing special about these 2 teams that are 16-1 combined, while you were hooting and hollering about AC beating a 2-8 South Doyle team which has given up 418 points this year. I know you feel like your 10-0 but you are not.

• Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Mav, here you are stating there is nothing special about these 2 teams that are 16-1 combined, while you were hooting and hollering about AC beating a 2-8 South Doyle team which has given up 418 points this year. I know you feel like your 10-0 but you are not.

Wella Greeneville and Betsy do have pretty good special teams. But let's face it with the Weather delays and a really overall weak schedule what can you expect. Both teams played there heart out tonight and each deserve to win. One big play made the difference. 

This is the Mavs Dream 2 be continued team. With the State leading passer and Mr. Football candidate Moog, plus a lights out defense, I really don't see any weakness (maybe our kick return coverage ) but we have 85% end zone kicker. 

Well well well ….. there’s not to much talk about QB1 tonight he must’ve threw for 400 and 4 TDS ….. wait no he was 6-8 for 85, chucked a ball across his body to the defense and was wanting to throw another one if there was enough time left on the clock…. It seems like the recipe for success is RUNNING THE FOOTBALL AND PLAYING DEFENSE… 

What a AWESOME  football  game.  Between  two heavyweights.  That was definitely  a ole fashion  slobber knocker.  I'm  really  surprised  Greeneville  pulled it out with pretty much the same game plan as all year. Hat's  off to the effort  the kid's  gave  and for cutting  down the penalties  this week. Enjoy  it tonight  kid's  then back to work. Win or go home starts  next Friday  night. Got to keep grinding Go Devil's 

Just now, Greendevil87 said:

What a AWESOME  football  game.  Between  two heavyweights.  That was definitely  a ole fashion  slobber knocker.  I'm  really  surprised  Greeneville  pulled it out with pretty much the same game plan as all year. Hat's  off to the effort  the kid's  gave  and for cutting  down the penalties  this week. Enjoy  it tonight  kid's  then back to work. Win or go home starts  next Friday  night. Got to keep grinding Go Devil's 

Great game turnovers killed us tonight 

28 minutes ago, ChickenLittle11 said:

Well well well ….. there’s not to much talk about QB1 tonight he must’ve threw for 400 and 4 TDS ….. wait no he was 6-8 for 85, chucked a ball across his body to the defense and was wanting to throw another one if there was enough time left on the clock…. It seems like the recipe for success is RUNNING THE FOOTBALL AND PLAYING DEFENSE… 

Quillen in a Wildcat, makes sense, but as the QB… too easy to key on him.  Cannon did some ok things tonight, just doesn’t run very good. They need to use the sophomore too, he runs it pretty dang good.  The option offense works better when the QB is a threat to run.  Just my opinion.  Will have to do some things differently in Round 3.

Play them both the next two weeks, give the sophomore a chance to play some when the game is not necessarily a blowout.  See how he handles pressure before they HAVE to use him in round 3.  

I will say this whom ever comes out on top will most likely go to Chattanooga and probably play Pearl Cohen. Pearl Cohen will be a handful for the power house teams of East Tennessee (Greeneville, Elizabethton and AC). Wish the best to whomever represents East Tennessee. Before the Gloves come off, I would like to say looks more than likely Betsy and AC will meet in Anderson County and the winner more than likely plays Greeneville. Hope and pray all teams stay healthy, regardless of the winner. Let's keep the State 4-A Championship in East Tennessee! 

Ok let the games and new season begin!

1 hour ago, GVegasMafia said:

Quillen in a Wildcat, makes sense, but as the QB… too easy to key on him.  Cannon did some ok things tonight, just doesn’t run very good. They need to use the sophomore too, he runs it pretty dang good.  The option offense works better when the QB is a threat to run.  Just my opinion.  Will have to do some things differently in Round 3.

Play them both the next two weeks, give the sophomore a chance to play some when the game is not necessarily a blowout.  See how he handles pressure before they HAVE to use him in round 3.  

You sir …. Know ball, I commend you for your intelligence in this space of idiocracy hats off!