Round 1: Cornersville travels to McKenzie

RedRebelman

26 minutes ago, RedRebelman said:

How's Cornersville's passing game? We all know they've got B. Franklin and a good running game. Are they 1 dimensional or can they mix it up?

We were 1 dimensional most of the season, however we turned the corner and got our pass game going against Wayne County and Huntland. Our QB was out for the Eagleville game but will back for this game. He and the receivers were getting on a heck of roll to compliment the run, hopefully they pick up where they left off! We will need all aspects to be on point for us to have a chance to win. 

Edited by HerefortheDAWGS

On 10/27/2023 at 2:58 PM, VOLnWTN said:

I watched some of the Eagleville game today.  That dude is massive.  I remember him from two years ago. Their D line looks big as well. 

yes, Franklin is a big kid and he runs extremely well for a big back. If Makenzie has defensive issues already (injuries) it is gonna be a tough night stopping him.

Mckenzie will come out with multiple looks and will run or pass out of all them. The QB is very good at reading defenses and takes what the defense gives him. They make you defend the entire field. This game comes down to whether or not if C'ville is able to bring enough pressure to disrupt things in Mckenzie's backfield. If both defenses are not able to stop each other I like Mckenzie's chances because they can score quickly and in multiple ways.

18 minutes ago, HerefortheDAWGS said:

We were 1 dimensional most of the season, however we turned the corner and got our pass game going against Wayne County and Huntland. Our QB was out for the Eagleville game but will back for this game. He and the receivers were getting on a heck of roll to compliment the run, hopefully they pick up where they left off! We will need all aspects to be on point for us to have a chance to win. 

they threw the ball well against those teams because they sold out on the run and made them pass the ball, if the coaches do any type of film work, Franklin and that offense is very predictable

3 minutes ago, RexKwonDo said:

Mckenzie will come out with multiple looks and will run or pass out of all them. The QB is very good at reading defenses and takes what the defense gives him. They make you defend the entire field. This game comes down to whether or not if C'ville is able to bring enough pressure to disrupt things in Mckenzie's backfield. If both defenses are not able to stop each other I like Mckenzie's chances because they can score quickly and in multiple ways.

Franklin is just as good, if not better on the defensive side to me.  

4 minutes ago, falconred said:

they threw the ball well against those teams because they sold out on the run and made them pass the ball, if the coaches do any type of film work, Franklin and that offense is very predictable

Correct, but if you don’t sale out on the run you ain’t stopping Ben. We were just missing being able to capitalize on that early on. To me that’s the key for us.