Round 1: Cornersville travels to McKenzie

RedRebelman

Got to watch some film on McKenzie today. Solid team with alot of weapons and depth. To be honest, reminded me alot of Moore County, without Mr. White. While McKenzie QB may not have the same running capability, he is very patient and accurate. He is not afraid to throw the ball into tight coverage. They do a great job spreading the ball and getting many players involved. O line gets a good push. They tackle well in space. 

If we are to pull off the upset here, its going to take a full team effort. D line is going to have to keep pressure turned up all game. DB's are going to have to play these receivers tight or these receivers will find the soft spots in our zones. If we have a cover 1 with man on everyone else, that may the best way to go for this one. Offensively, everyone knows the game plan. Pound the rock and make them pay in the passing game when they load the box. O line and backs blocking are the key here. While I did not see it on film, we know they are going to overload to Ben's lane going out the left side. Lots of counters should be successful as well as fakes to Ben with roll out passes to the opposite side of the field. They have good DB's so the deep route will likely not be there, but the flats and middle should be open. With all of that being said, I still hope to see Ben pound that rock for a solid 25-30 carries! Go DAWGS!

Just my thoughts. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Can someone put me in touch with Cornersville radio team if they have one?  Want to send them our roster.

kevinriner5 @ gmail .com. I'll send you ours too but I'll try to meet you Before the game with any changes. We've had to make a couple of adjustments but Friday night we should be back to full health.

Edited by DawgRadio

3 hours ago, DawgRadio said:

kevinriner5 @ gmail .com. I'll send you ours too but I'll try to meet you Before the game with any changes. We've had to make a couple of adjustments but Friday night we should be back to full health.

I remember meeting you last time.  I will send you ours tomorrow.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RedRebelman said:

Good news, I believe #8 B. Brewer will be playing in this game! That's big considering how hard he runs the ball!

Let's go Rebels!!!

Great news for you guys! Never want to see anyone not get to play due to injuries. Hopefully everyone stays healthy and safe this game as well no matter the outcome! 

• Like 1