5A R5 vs R6

On 10/30/2023 at 5:07 PM, REBELFAN70 said:

Who are the outsiders? Serious question, not chirping, i have been covering this team the last 10 years or so and i have not seen this group of outsiders that i hear about alot in Winchester, i am genuinely curious! 

On 10/30/2023 at 7:18 PM, PercyPeabody said:

I don't want to derail the thread here but why do you think Franklin Co is still struggling? Do you think with the new coach that things will improve quickly? Seems in today's day and age the leash tends to get short quickly. 

I can't remember all of the deals/details but, seems that maybe the administration was ear bended by people in the community over there. But, that was all hearsay. People over there in Winchester may be able to chime in.

Not really.  I still think it’s 11 kids on 11 kids.  2 years ago not many people thought Tullahoma would beat Pearl Cohn ,twice.   The Haywood county folks felt really good about their chances with the cats.   And Betsy after taking care of business with Greenville knew they were getting a state championship.  But in the end 11 kids showed up and got it done.   A good quarterback helps but lots of teams win without one.  This isn’t 2021 and the stars won’t align for Tullahoma like they did 2 years ago.  And after the fiasco at Shelbyville last week I have to concede this one to the Knights regardless of who takes the snaps.   I hate to see it end for a team that showed moments of greatness this season.  The second half of the Rockvale game was one we will all remember.  But the consistency to get past this Friday I’m afraid is long lost.  

Edited by wornoutwildcat
spelling
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2023 at 8:10 AM, MountRushmore1 said:

You are talking about the McCurry that was at FC for 4 years and never had a winning season or made the playoffs?

On 10/31/2023 at 8:20 AM, Cakeman said:

:lol:  

FC got McCurry after the Marion Co fiasco and he was never the same. Yeah Mac did some asinine things at time but it's not like he was a flash in the pan type coach with only one group of kids. He had 9 region titles at Moore along with a trip to the state title game where his team lost by a 2pt conversion falling a yard short. He then went on to have 3 region titles at Marshall Co. He also had success in Mississippi before coming back to TN. Franklin Co was his only stop in TN where he had a losing record. I'm not trying to condone some of the craziness that took place but the guy's overall record speaks for itself. (212-87) Most coaches don't have a lifetime winning percentage of 71% (and the Franklin Co years brought that down) so I could see why the Rebels gave him a shot. 

Now back on topic, I think either QB for Nolensville will be fine. The bigger question is can Tullahoma generate any offense against the Knights' defense. 

Edited by PercyPeabody
stats

28 minutes ago, ScottShasteen said:

I like Tullahoma's chances, especially if Sylvester plays QB for the Knights. The Wildcat defense has feasted on turnovers all season. 

No doubt Tullahoma's defense will generate some chaos and turnovers for the Knights. Really boils down to what the TulCats' offense can do with those turnovers and opportunities. 

On another note, looks like great weather for football tonight. Have a good broadcast. :thumb:

7 hours ago, PercyPeabody said:

FC got McCurry after the Marion Co fiasco and he was never the same. Yeah Mac did some asinine things at time but it's not like he was a flash in the pan type coach with only one group of kids. He had 9 region titles at Moore along with a trip to the state title game where his team lost by a 2pt conversion falling a yard short. He then went on to have 3 region titles at Marshall Co. He also had success in Mississippi before coming back to TN. Franklin Co was his only stop in TN where he had a losing record. I'm not trying to condone some of the craziness that took place but the guy's overall record speaks for itself. (212-87) Most coaches don't have a lifetime winning percentage of 71% (and the Franklin Co years brought that down) so I could see why the Rebels gave him a shot. 

Now back on topic, I think either QB for Nolensville will be fine. The bigger question is can Tullahoma generate any offense against the Knights' defense. 

He did really well in small school FB and better players than other small school teams.  He didn't have to play anyone in the late 80s or 90s in small school football