Dobyns-Bennett at Bearden

TribalEmpire

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Not a chance. No way he would step into this train wreck. Imagine the meeting with the athletic director and telling him you would like to replace most of the coaching staff. Plus, you want control of the youth leagues. The ego explosion would probably take out half of Eastman. 

I agree with you. The feeder program issues can be tabled for a reasonable amount of time. However, the coaching staff issue will be immediate. In the event, there is a new coach, solid new candidates for want to bring in assistants who will be critical to their success. They don’t want to hear “we don’t tell the math department, the English department, the PE department, or the social studies department who to hire“. If they hear that, they will assume D-B is not committed to winning and not go to the trouble to uproot their families to start such a huge endeavor.

9 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Not a chance. No way he would step into this train wreck. Imagine the meeting with the athletic director and telling him you would like to replace most of the coaching staff. Plus, you want control of the youth leagues. The ego explosion would probably take out half of Eastman. 

Ego explosion? 

I've never seen anything like that from him. 

And as for staff changes and feeder program changes, aren't both desperately needed?  What's there now isn't working very well. 

Edited by HTV

29 minutes ago, HTV said:

Ego explosion? 

I've never seen anything like that from him. 

And as for staff changes and feeder program changes, aren't both desperately needed?  What's there now isn't working very well. 

I didn't mean Ballard's ego. I was talking about the egos on the current staff as well as most of those coaches in the youth leagues. It's all about them instead of the kids. The same inflated egos can be found in those at the top making decisions. No way they'll bring in anyone from outside the "network" and let them make changes to the program. Nick Saban couldn't get hired here.

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I didn't mean Ballard's ego. I was talking about the egos on the current staff as well as most of those coaches in the youth leagues. It's all about them instead of the kids. The same inflated egos can be found in those at the top making decisions. No way they'll bring in anyone from outside the "network" and let them make changes to the program. Nick Saban couldn't get hired here.

Gotcha.  

19 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

You have to understand the mindset in Kingsport. To start with Christian has a job for as long as he wants it. He'll have to string about 5 more seasons like this together before maybe he can't take the heat in the kitchen and resigns on his own. And even then he would be replaced by another "good ole boy" that's already on staff. I mean, does anybody really think they did a national search and ended up promoting Christian to head coach. That was a complete scam from the get-go. It was set in stone who the new head coach was going to be before Clark officially announced his retirement. As for as the youth league and middle school programs.....ain't never gonna happen. Inteligent people would look around and see who the top programs are and study how their doing it. Maryville, Greeneville and Elizabethton all have something in common. Really good feeder programs with good coaching that are all on the same page. It would be beneath "Kingsport" to do something that way because, they didn't think of it first. 

Our grandson played up through the ranks and graduated last year, so I have a good understanding of the mindset. TBH, after watching RNR and Sevier both struggle so much when he was at Robinson, I'm amazed they were able to win as many games in high school as they did. This program won't ever be much more than what it is now until somebody turns it over to a coach who will hire who he wants and retool the youth and middle school programs to fit what type of system he wants to run. 

3 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

Our grandson played up through the ranks and graduated last year, so I have a good understanding of the mindset. TBH, after watching RNR and Sevier both struggle so much when he was at Robinson, I'm amazed they were able to win as many games in high school as they did. This program won't ever be much more than what it is now until somebody turns it over to a coach who will hire who he wants and retool the youth and middle school programs to fit what type of system he wants to run. 

I was driving by Sevier one day last year and stopped for a few minutes and watched practice. I thought, man that's a good-looking bunch. Pretty big and athletic looking for a middle school, and they had good numbers. I thought, well this group is really going to be good when they get up to DB. If I remember correctly, they won 1 game that year and that was against Robinson. Was driving by again this year and they still had a good-looking bunch. Not sure if they won any games or not. They might do better just winging it without a coaching staff. Draw up their plays in the dirt. 

25 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I was driving by Sevier one day last year and stopped for a few minutes and watched practice. I thought, man that's a good-looking bunch. Pretty big and athletic looking for a middle school, and they had good numbers. I thought, well this group is really going to be good when they get up to DB. If I remember correctly, they won 1 game that year and that was against Robinson. Was driving by again this year and they still had a good-looking bunch. Not sure if they won any games or not. They might do better just winging it without a coaching staff. Draw up their plays in the dirt. 

The games that really stood out to me when he was at RNR were the games against Duggar. Duggar was in another universe in terms of physicality and organization, and the results confirmed it.