Dobyns-Bennett at Bearden

TribalEmpire

2 hours ago, CU06 said:

Yes, make the BHS QB a part of the gameplan and the Indians will win.

Well, it’s a little more complex than that, but I would be more concerned with the run game, and if that fails, then the constant wide receiver screens that will follow and may be cut in with the run, and also the Bearden quarterback has established himself as a great option quarterback, so be on the lookout for that, but watching the Science Hill game, I expect the dogs will probably put it down on the running game, and then obviously you got defense, the Bearden defense got torched this past weekend, but have been excellent all year, and I don’t expect any step back. I’m expecting a pretty large Bearden win probably by 21+ points, but hopefully it turns out to be a good game.

I can remember a few games at about every level that I thought the odds were nearly impossible .Like Brady and the Pats coming back against Atlanta down 28-3 towards the end of the 3rd quarter.Nothing is a given in sports and if DB has a great week of practice and gives everything they have, then yes they can win this week and four more games to boot .Sports is played on the field and not in the paper or on coacht. Never count a victory or a loss until the competition is complete.

Having now seen both play, I don't think DB has the depth or team speed to match up for 4 quarters with the Bulldogs, which can play fresh linemen on both sides of the ball. and they have two fast backs that can run and the quarterback is capable of throwing over the top on you. Bearden's defense is suspect to a team that can throw and has speed, but that is not DB. DB absolutely has to run the ball consistently and have long drives and get some kind of score off each one, even field goals and hope Bearden has a post Bradley hangover. It might be close first half, but I think Bearden pulls away in the 3rd quarter and wins by 35-17.

5 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

It could go two ways. DB keeps it close until a fourth quarter bonehead play call cost them the game. Or they just come into the game uninterested and get blown out. In reality it's been a rough year. I think everybody's ready to get the basketballs out. 

Waco, you all have become winter sports beasts! (That is a compliment)

21 minutes ago, StateChampion87 said:

Have been reading about speed on these DB posts. I do remember the SEC on display at a past DB/Bearden game with Devrin Young, Swafford, and Foreman. Now that was speed.

Devrin Young was spectacular at RB unfortunately, he never got the shot at UTK due to his size, but he was still a kick off nightmare.