Dobyns-Bennett at Bearden

TribalEmpire

On 10/28/2023 at 4:41 PM, SweetScience said:

How y’all supposed to be this year on the hardwood?

Hard to say until they hit the court. Lost some good players to graduation, got some good players coming up. Might depend on what everybody else has got as to how far they make it. I'll make a wild guess and say they make it to the big Tourney. Our coach is a difference maker. 

On 10/30/2023 at 10:10 AM, WaCoJaCo said:

Hard to say until they hit the court. Lost some good players to graduation, got some good players coming up. Might depend on what everybody else has got as to how far they make it. I'll make a wild guess and say they make it to the big Tourney. Our coach is a difference maker. 

This still cracks me up!!!!

1 hour ago, Rebelyell10 said:

This still cracks me up!!!!

You're just not very smart.  Or you're just trying to get me to notice you?  A lot of people thought like you before 2022. Heck I'm pretty sure I said DB would never win a State Championship in Basketball. Then they did. And there's no doubt it was the coach that turned the program around. Anyone with half a brain would know that. And he took them back to the state tournament again last year. So pretty obvious he's a difference maker. As for East Tn. There are a lot of good teams. Bearden, William Blount, Oak Ridge, Maryville, just to name a few. Are you even from around here? You don't seem to know much about the area. 

Edited by WaCoJaCo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

You're just not very smart.  Or you're just trying to get me to notice you?  A lot of people thought like you before 2022. Heck I'm pretty sure I said DB would never win a State Championship in Basketball. Then they did. And there's no doubt it was the coach that turned the program around. Anyone with half a brain would know that. And he took them back to the state tournament again last year. So pretty obvious he's a difference maker. As for East Tn. There are a lot of good teams. Bearden, William Blount, Oak Ridge, Maryville, just to name a few. Are you even from around here? You don't seem to know much about the area. 

Agree with your assessment. I believe Poore and Woolsey (GHS) are great coaches in all phases of the game. 3 state championships among them home grown Greeneville boys.

Edited by noonesfool

18 minutes ago, TicketToRide said:

I remember how you guys used to ride Stacy Carter for not beating. DB... Now he's won 11 of 12 with no end in sight. 

Can't argue with that. But has he got better or has DB got worse. His record every year seems to be pretty close to what it was 12 years ago. It's gonna' be 3 or 4 loses every year. And I don't think anybody in upper east tn has better athletes' year in and year out.