Dobyns-Bennett at Bearden

TribalEmpire

12 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Can't argue with that. But has he got better or has DB got worse. His record every year seems to be pretty close to what it was 12 years ago. It's gonna' be 3 or 4 loses every year. And I don't think anybody in upper east tn has better athletes' year in and year out. 

11 of 12...Even before the Reed Hayes/Malik Foreman game I'd say he's gotten better. At South, DB intimidated his players. Now he's just better. Regardless, you guys on Coach T were relentless. And he turned the tables.

Now that he has athletes like DB... He's dominated DB. 

You can't argue 11 of 12. He's made Science Hill better. 

DB should have hired him. 

17 minutes ago, Rebelyell10 said:

You were just saying how good the tri cities teams were, especially db and their coach….I say the only reason any teams from tri area have decent records…they are all pretty bad

what happened last year when db/sh played Knoxville and Greenville teams????

I lost track.... are we talking football or basketball?

33 minutes ago, Rebelyell10 said:

You were just saying how good the tri cities teams were, especially db and their coach….I say the only reason any teams from tri area have decent records…they are all pretty bad

what happened last year when db/sh played Knoxville and Greenville teams????

You're drunk, go back to bed. 

1 hour ago, TicketToRide said:

11 of 12...Even before the Reed Hayes/Malik Foreman game I'd say he's gotten better. At South, DB intimidated his players. Now he's just better. Regardless, you guys on Coach T were relentless. And he turned the tables.

Now that he has athletes like DB... He's dominated DB. 

You can't argue 11 of 12. He's made Science Hill better. 

DB should have hired him. 

I don't think you can say someone is better because they can beat one team every year. His season records are pretty much the same every year. 3 or 4 losses with a first-round exit. That is the norm. If they had Witten, you'd be seeing undefeated seasons with the talent they have in Johnson City. 

2 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

I can totally agree with that. There are several DB should have hired but didn't. Chose a good ole [awful] insider boy instead

Witten is the only one they should have hired. Passing on Witten was the single dumbest move in the history of DB sports. Hiring Carter would have been a lateral move. He's established his own "good ole boy" network at Science Hill. 7-3, 6-4 seasons year in and year out with one of the top athletic bases in the state. He has a knack for making great players descent. He's a good guy, but a little less than average coach. Thats just the truth. 

4 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Witten is the only one they should have hired. Passing on Witten was the single dumbest move in the history of DB sports. Hiring Carter would have been a lateral move. He's established his own "good ole boy" network at Science Hill. 7-3, 6-4 seasons year in and year out with one of the top athletic bases in the state. He has a knack for making great players descent. He's a good guy, but a little less than average coach. Thats just the truth. 

I still believe that it's all about the head coach and who he is allowed to surround himself with that makes a winning team.  Rankin, Quarles, Whitten, and Ballard should have all been targeted when Clark retired. And if they couldn't get one of them, they should have gone after Carter instead of the "less than marginal" goofball that we now have. Carter's wins speak for themselves. 

Once again, look at Lafe Cook. Took the band to TOP TEN IN THE NATION 3 TIMES. And #1 in Class in the nation.  And just won the TN governor's cup again. His assistants were NOT responsible for that.  Expect the band to dwindle in 3 years when he leaves, just like Quarles and Maryville.

Edited by DBGRAD70

21 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

I still believe that it's all about the head coach and who he is allowed to surround himself with that makes a winning team.  Rankin, Quarles, Whitten, and Ballard should have all been targeted when Clark retired. And if they couldn't get one of them, they should have gone after Carter instead of the "less than marginal" goofball that we now have. Carter's wins speak for themselves. 

Once again, look at Lafe Cook. Took the band to TOP TEN IN THE NATION 3 TIMES. And #1 in Class in the nation.  And just won the TN governor's cup again. His assistants were NOT responsible for that.  Expect the band to dwindle in 3 years when he leaves, just like Quarles and Maryville.

"Carter's wins speak for themselves."  What wins? I don't get all this salivating over Carter as a coach. So it takes him overtime to beat our goofball so we should hire him?