Hamilton @ Covington - Playoffs -Round 1

CHARGERFAN

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

HA! I thought they may give you guys a little trouble.... Dang, I called that wrong. 56 points in the first half! WOW! That is pretty impressive. 

Congrats! 

Hamilton was just not competitive. Running clock after the half, and Coach Kirby played our second string the entire second half. The JV won the second half 14-6. 

1 minute ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Hamilton was just not competitive. Running clock after the half, and Coach Kirby played our second string the entire second half. The JV won the second half 14-6. 

Congrats, to Hamilton for making the playoffs. 

Congrats to the Chargers for advancing to the next round. 

I thought Hamilton might catch you guys early with a few big pass plays because you had mentioned how the Chargers have struggled with the passing game... GOT THAT WRONG! 

This is why they play the game on the field and not on the T! 

Again, congrats on the big win. 

15 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Congrats, to Hamilton for making the playoffs. 

Congrats to the Chargers for advancing to the next round. 

I thought Hamilton might catch you guys early with a few big pass plays because you had mentioned how the Chargers have struggled with the passing game... GOT THAT WRONG! 

This is why they play the game on the field and not on the T! 

Again, congrats on the big win. 

Thanks for the kudos. Yeah, our pass defense features freshmen and sophomore DB’s. They were a little shaky to start the year, but have gotten better every week. After 11 games now, they show quite a bit of improvement. 

I was sorry to see y’all’s score, where SGC lost tonight 24-20. Your guys have always been scrappy. Wish you were still in 3A with us. Can’t you get ‘em to expel a few students and drop back down?

You are welcome to adopt our Covington guys and follow us. We are only guaranteed one more game, but that’s all anybody can say this time of year. 

7 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Thanks for the kudos. Yeah, our pass defense features freshmen and sophomore DB’s. They were a little shaky to start the year, but have gotten better every week. After 11 games now, they show quite a bit of improvement. 

I was sorry to see y’all’s score, where SGC lost tonight 24-20. Your guys have always been scrappy. Wish you were still in 3A with us. Can’t you get ‘em to expel a few students and drop back down?

You are welcome to adopt our Covington guys and follow us. We are only guaranteed one more game, but that’s all anybody can say this time of year. 

HAHA! Fair enough. Thanks for your kind words. SC has a good program and tonight's game was a battle! I am proud of our boys. We lost QB1 and RB1 early in the season and the youth just could not pull us through tonight. Station Camp is a fine program and we needed that leadership on the field tonight. I give congrats to SC for coming to Gibson county tonight and getting a win. They earned it!