Upper East tennessee girls basketball

THE KING

On 11/25/2023 at 11:23 PM, THE KING said:

Cland with a big win over the lady dogs 53-46.  We were down 29-19 at halftime. The girls were jet legged and Matt challenged them in the locker room.  We out scored them 34-17 in the 2nd half.   It's always intense when these two play.  

That was an intense game. They showed what they are made of in the 2nd half.

4 hours ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

That was an intense game. They showed what they are made of in the 2nd half.

I think we saw what Sahara can do when it's go time.  She put it on her back in the 4th.  We got Hampton on their heels and kept someone on berry.  She's the most dangerous player they've got.  The scoring recap impressed me the most. Turbyfill 11, christman 10, Sahara 9, street 9, Blair 8, shell 5, L Blair 1.  Total team effort.  We're much different than last year when we relied on 1 or 2 players to score all the points.  All 5 starters are fast and 4 guards can shoot the 3.  Let's pray we can keep it together 

I watched the NG vs wg livestream and I've never seen a team in such dire straits come back and win.  NG had only 7 players and had 3 on the floor with 4 fouls.  They  were down by 9 at one point and Miller and Bailey brought them back.  Those 2 girls combined for 38 out of 46 points.

I see a lot of chatter about South Greene's girls.  Dobyns-Bennett plays them tonight in Kingsport.  Kinda looking forward to this one.

Hope the Lady Indians shoot better than they did against Elizabethton the other night.  That may be one of the ugliest shooting performances by both teams on the floor I have ever seen.

1 hour ago, TribalEmpire said:

I see a lot of chatter about South Greene's girls.  Dobyns-Bennett plays them tonight in Kingsport.  Kinda looking forward to this one.

Hope the Lady Indians shoot better than they did against Elizabethton the other night.  That may be one of the ugliest shooting performances by both teams on the floor I have ever seen.

Should be a good challenge for the tribe.  SG is pretty good but GP is the top dog in that region 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

They're fairly solid for a AA squad, but they don't really have that fire that your used to SG having. The times I've seen them so far, they aren't getting nearly as many of those 50/50 balls that a SG team typically gets. 

28 minutes ago, crazzyness said:

They're fairly solid for a AA squad, but they don't really have that fire that your used to SG having. The times I've seen them so far, they aren't getting nearly as many of those 50/50 balls that a SG team typically gets. 

Oops. Posted in the wrong thread. Meant to post in the boys thread. Lol

Edited by TribalEmpire
Wrong thread

29 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

Oops. Posted in the wrong thread. Meant to post in the boys thread. Lol

Ohh. Yeah they're pretty dang good. The best games of the year in this are are gonna be the Hampton/SG games. It's a shame, they could hypothetically be the 2nd & 3rd best AA teams in the state, but one is gonna get bounced in the regions by Alcoa. 

15 hours ago, crazzyness said:

Ohh. Yeah they're pretty dang good. The best games of the year in this are are gonna be the Hampton/SG games. It's a shame, they could hypothetically be the 2nd & 3rd best AA teams in the state, but one is gonna get bounced in the regions by Alcoa. 

GP is also very good. Gonna be a tough road for everyone in Region 1.

12 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Are you going to watch North and South Greene tonight?  NG better play better than they did the other night.

I am not….they looked very sluggish against WG. NG guards are pretty bad but the two posts have been able to handle the weaker teams they’ve been playing. SG will be too much for them i believe but it will be a good measuring stick to see where NG is at.