Upper East tennessee girls basketball

THE KING

11 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

You seen South Green this year?? They got any Taylor Lamb's or Wykle's running around this year?? We lost to them in 2016 Finals. That was a great game we fell a little short. Two great teams.

I will see South Greene on December 1, they are coming to Kingsport. We return the favor later on in the season. 

46 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

You seen South Green this year?? They got any Taylor Lamb's or Wykle's running around this year?? We lost to them in 2016 Finals. That was a great game we fell a little short. Two great teams.

I haven't seen them but I know they're always good.  I was really wanting to see us match up

1 hour ago, TribalEmpire said:

We're only playing two games in that this year on Monday and Tuesday and done after that. Very strange. But I've not been a big fan of that tournament anyway since it doesn't have a true bracket. 

I'm at North Greene as we speak for the D-B boys game, but the girls are playing Jellico currently. North Greene girls look pretty good as always. Up 40-14 currently at the half. 

Jellico is horrible.  Not taking anything away from NG 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

No Lambs or Wykles…one of the Wykle’s has been killing it at Carson Newman. Think she got player of the year last year. 

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Was that the year they drew each other 1st game in Murfreesboro but were definitely the 2 best teams down there ? 

29 minutes ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

Was that the year they drew each other 1st game in Murfreesboro but were definitely the 2 best teams down there ? 

No we played them in Finals that year. We were undefeated. Both teams were loaded though. It was back and forth until the end. We had a 1 point lead with about 40 seconds or so and South Green hit a shot and we missed ours and we fouled. Great game. We have played several times though. 2 great programs. South Green has been a power for a while. People don't realize how good these teams were in the late 80's and 90's. South Green was really good as we were too back in the day. We had some great teams fall short. 

12 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Where did Taylor Lamb go?? She was a beast. Hard to handle. What year did she graduate?? 

She had a bad back for much of her high school career. It caught up with her around her junior year Tennessee Tech. She's married with a child now, I think she graduated in 2018. 

12 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

No Lambs or Wykles…one of the Wykle’s has been killing it at Carson Newman. Think she got player of the year last year. 

Braelyn Wykle is the youngest of the three sisters. Her mother starred at South Greene in the 90s. Their father quarterbacked the SG football team. A great family! This is Braelyn's senior year at Carson Newman. Upperman's Abigail Johnson is to start play at C/N this year, as well as Karli Hayworth of Alcoa. If you are familiar with basketball in the eastern part of the state and if they haven't transferred, Campbell Penland of Northview Academy and Grainger's Tori Rutherford will be back at C/N this year, They are loaded at the guard position. I watch C/N when they come to Greeneville to play Tusculum University. 

Edited by Americal198

23 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Dang, you’d think the host school would take care of that. 

For what it's worth, and for the sake of understanding: The TSSAA schedule shows both Cloudland and Cosby playing in the "Hall of Champions " on Thursday November 16, 2023. The Coach T Scoreboard has Cloudland playing South Greene 3:30 Friday. At 5:30 pm 11/17/23 it still remains on the Coach T site. Take a look.

Edited by Americal198

19 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

No we played them in Finals that year. We were undefeated. Both teams were loaded though. It was back and forth until the end. We had a 1 point lead with about 40 seconds or so and South Green hit a shot and we missed ours and we fouled. Great game. We have played several times though. 2 great programs. South Green has been a power for a while. People don't realize how good these teams were in the late 80's and 90's. South Green was really good as we were too back in the day. We had some great teams fall short. 

This deserves a response. It takes an impartial student of the game to post what you have. Thank you. South Greene is led by Seniors Haley Brooks #23 and #5 Emma Cutshall. If opposing teams do not get either player in early foul trouble, they are in for a long night. As for the rest of the team, opponents are in for some surprises.