Upper East tennessee girls basketball

THE KING

4 hours ago, THE KING said:

I think Hampton wins against Austin east.  SG and Oneida is a toss up.  Best case scenario for Hampton is make the region finals where they will be awarded with a substate trip to mcminn central and there it ends.  R2 1a favorite is sunbright however all those teams are close and play track meet basketball with not a lot of skill.  Lots of fouls in transition as you don't see the patience there to set up a half court game.  Launching 3s as soon as you get the ball is a common theme.  It explains how an Oakdale can beat rockwood by 30 one night and lose to them by 10 the next.  All of those girls are energizer bunnies and they won't like what NG will do to them.

Alcoa girls just beat Pittman for title. Looks like if Hampton can get by Austin East, their season may end in semis. 

21 minutes ago, Backyardbbq15 said:

Looks like Washburn just took down Cosby setting you all up with them in semis. 

Cosby will host uh and Washburn will host unaka Friday.  If dugger is cleared to play then unaka has a fighters chance at the upset.  

49 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I’ll take Hampton big over Austin East, they are just bad. And I will take South Greene over Oneida comfortably. But both will lose big against GP and Alcoa.

in one A Cloudland and NG will be in the glass house, region 2 teams are way down.

I agree but whoever goes on the road to sunbright will need to be ready to play.  They have tremendous support and the girls play as hard as they can.  They've gutted out a lot of wins on determination alone.  I could see where sunbright could cause NG some problems.  They cause a lot of turnovers. 

Just now, THE KING said:

I agree but whoever goes on the road to sunbright will need to be ready to play.  They have tremendous support and the girls play as hard as they can.  They've gutted out a lot of wins on determination alone.  I could see where sunbright could cause NG some problems.  They cause a lot of turnovers. 

By the way, this is not an assumption but just a scenario example.  We could get put out Monday.  Gotta take it one at a time 

16 hours ago, crazzyness said:

Take 26 up into VA, stay on 58/421 till Clinchport. Take a left into VA 600, and it takes you all the way to Kyles Ford. It's really not that bad. I'd personally much rather have to drive to Sneedville than Cosby, honestly. 

That's the way I went the time I drove it as well, but I live in Blountville anyway.  Figured other folks had different ways there.  Lol

1 hour ago, foreveranole said:

King, give me your opinion on UH/Eagles game and on Wash/Huskies game. 

Cosby should beat uh at home.  It has the potential to be close if uh plays with the same inspiration they did against unaka.  The bucs posts haven't learned to play yet and that gives Cosby the edge.  NG should win over Washburn by 15 plus,  however the huskies should be put on upset notice.   The way they fell apart in our game is alarming for them

Yeah UH has improved a ton especially on the D side of the ball. If they can find a way to score more it could be an upset. Their Staff has them playing hard and getting after it. I like watching them play now. I feel about the same on NG. I feel they are a 15+ point better team than Washburn on any day. I'm watching the Cosby/Washburn game now and I'm not seeing that they should give a problem. But this is just my opinion. 

2 hours ago, foreveranole said:

Yeah UH has improved a ton especially on the D side of the ball. If they can find a way to score more it could be an upset. Their Staff has them playing hard and getting after it. I like watching them play now. I feel about the same on NG. I feel they are a 15+ point better team than Washburn on any day. I'm watching the Cosby/Washburn game now and I'm not seeing that they should give a problem. But this is just my opinion. 

If you go to the T Scoreboard and look at the NG schedule, they've only been held in the 20s 5 games.  3 of those were against us.  I think having McKinney is like playing 6 on 5.  And she's been playing possum offensively all season to stay healthy for when it matters.