Dyersburg's Playoff Run

18NCS

11 minutes ago, mg said:

You are right….the tackle had nothing to do with the injury.  He planted his foot to avoid the tackle, which is where he tore it. 

I just hope Dyersburg fans don’t mull around thinking all is over and the negative emotions bleed over to the players.   Dyersburg bread and butter is not their offense, it is their defense.  And as the old saying goes, offense draws crowds, but defense wins championships. 

The community needs to let these kids know this season is not over and they need to let their opponents know just where the bread is buttered, every inch, every yard, every play. 

Old skool baby, old skool…..

I agree with you MG, BUT I think losing this kid will hurt on defense just as much if not more than on offense. He is a heck of a safety and kind of anchored the back end of the Trojan defense. The weakness of the team, IMO, is the pass defense, so with him out it is going to be even more important to get a consistent pass rush up front.

Famous Quote Made By Tennessee Legend and Former Dyersburg Trojan

It’s not about how many points you score in the game. 20 years from now, nobody will remember and no body will care.

It is all about defense:  30 years from now, the players and their parents will remember how vicious that Trojan defense was.

So, boys, I tell you what General  Neyland told us boys, hit them so *da** hard that you make their mommies cry and their daddies hang their head in shame.

https://www.curryfuneral.com/obituaries/5741143

Legends Never Die…..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Allthetalk said:

I watched it on youtube, and if it happened right before half, it was in the middle of the field and it looked like he was cutting in to make a move on the over pursuit. To say he was being tackled at the end of half running out of bounds, seems like your almost accusing it of being a dirty play, which it wasn't even close to being. The QB is a competitor and was trying to get another one in before half. Dyersburg is for real.

It was absolutely NOT a dirty play. If anything I question the play call. Just one of those fluke things that happens in football. Just hate it anytime, but especially in a meaningless game where there was nothing to gain for either team in terms of post season and everything to lose. I was telling people sitting around me before the game started that I just hope we come out of the game injury free heading into the playoffs. Injury bug hit the Trojans hard two years ago going into the playoffs. Could have been a different game against East Nashville if healthy. Unfortunately injuries are apart of the game and everyone has to deal with them.

1 hour ago, Allthetalk said:

I watched it on youtube, and if it happened right before half, it was in the middle of the field and it looked like he was cutting in to make a move on the over pursuit. To say he was being tackled at the end of half running out of bounds, seems like your almost accusing it of being a dirty play, which it wasn't even close to being. The QB is a competitor and was trying to get another one in before half. Dyersburg is for real.

I in no way, shape, or form insinuated any kind of dirty antics. It happens! It happened on Dyersburg’s sideline. Nothing dirty about it at all. Now if you want to talk about the damage that the Ripley players did to his parents’ vehicle AFTER the game, we can talk about how dirty that was. He was fighting for yards, as he will always do, because he is a fighter and competitor. 

20 minutes ago, Dash said:

I agree with you MG, BUT I think losing this kid will hurt on defense just as much if not more than on offense. He is a heck of a safety and kind of anchored the back end of the Trojan defense. The weakness of the team, IMO, is the pass defense, so with him out it is going to be even more important to get a consistent pass rush up front.

I also think that the loss was probably a bigger impact on the safety position.  I think you will see the coach’s retool a few defensive positions, and even maybe on offense. 

Memphis East game will give us a little clearer picture of what’s to come.

17 minutes ago, Dash said:

JMo’s role on defense cannot be understated. He was an absolute eraser his entire career in black and gold. I LOVED the way he always competed and gave his all! We’re missing the other safety too. That’s our weakest spots now. If anyone wants to beat Dyersburg, they’ll have to throw it. Not gonna be able to run on our front seven. 

12 minutes ago, TrojanLC said:

JMo’s role on defense cannot be understated. He was an absolute eraser his entire career in black and gold. I LOVED the way he always competed and gave his all! We’re missing the other safety too. That’s our weakest spots now. If anyone wants to beat Dyersburg, they’ll have to throw it. Not gonna be able to run on our front seven. 

Truth

59 minutes ago, TrojanLC said:

I in no way, shape, or form insinuated any kind of dirty antics. It happens! It happened on Dyersburg’s sideline. Nothing dirty about it at all. Now if you want to talk about the damage that the Ripley players did to his parents’ vehicle AFTER the game, we can talk about how dirty that was. He was fighting for yards, as he will always do, because he is a fighter and competitor. 

Let's see some proof of this damage to the QB's parents' vehicle. That seems like an outlandish claim! How would they know what vehicle the QB's parents are driving. On top of that, the opposing team's buses have been in the grass on the other side of the stadium for the past few years now. The same place the opposing coaches and their staff park. How would someone not see if players were doing something they weren't supposed to? Don't talk bad on kids if you don't have some type of proof to back up your claim.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SuperBowlKid1489 said:

Let's see some proof of this damage to the QB's parents' vehicle. That seems like an outlandish claim! How would they know what vehicle the QB's parents are driving. On top of that, the opposing team's buses have been in the grass on the other side of the stadium for the past few years now. The same place the opposing coaches and their staff park. How would someone not see if players were doing something they weren't supposed to? Don't talk bad on kids if you don't have some type of proof to back up your claim.

Ok big boy! They were parked on the opposite side of the stadium by the lockerroom because their son was being examined. They have Dyersburg stickers on their vehicles. Ripley players walked by after the game and cleated their ride. Tell me how to post a picture and I will. If I need to use some crayons to make it clearer, let me know! These are some of the finest people I know! They didn’t want to cause a stink, but I will. 

Edited by TrojanLC

Just so everyone knows BPM will be taking the snaps for Dburg the rest of the season. I will be running the wildcat out of our elephant package every play from now on. The defense will know what’s coming but won’t be able to stop it. We will run the clock on our opponents just like I beat down the buffet at China Star last week….

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Just so everyone knows BPM will be taking the snaps for Dburg the rest of the season. I will be running the wildcat out of our elephant package every play from now on. The defense will know what’s coming but won’t be able to stop it. We will run the clock on our opponents just like I beat down the buffet at China Star last week….

You were the one they were talking about!