Dyersburg's Playoff Run

18NCS

Dyersburg has injuries that will impact offensive capability.  The big question entering playoffs is will they be able to stay focused and not dwell on the loss of their senior QB in week 10.  Great kid, very good QB, but most importantly, a key leader.

On paper,  Dyersburg is more than good enough to make the semis.  

Dyersburg has size and speed and depth. DL is big, strong, and hungry. Lightest guy is 240+(and dear to my heart) and they all are very active. QB that is out, also is a stud safety. The other starting safety is also out for the season. We’ve got depth and should be ok, just won’t be as aggressive as we were there. OL is big and stout, IF THE RIGHT PERSONNEL IS ON THE FIELD. Hopefully we put the right guys out there and quit screwing around so we don’t let the backup qb get hurt also. We’ve got speed, size, and experience. These guys have played a lot of games and won a lot of games. 25 seniors that have been successful since I was coaching them in the 3rd grade. They’ll bring it every week. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TrojanLC said:

Torn acl while getting tackled running out of bounds with no time left on the clock in the 2nd quarter against Ripley. 

I watched it on youtube, and if it happened right before half, it was in the middle of the field and it looked like he was cutting in to make a move on the over pursuit. To say he was being tackled at the end of half running out of bounds, seems like your almost accusing it of being a dirty play, which it wasn't even close to being. The QB is a competitor and was trying to get another one in before half. Dyersburg is for real.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Allthetalk said:

I watched it on youtube, and if it happened right before half, it was in the middle of the field and it looked like he was cutting in to make a move on the over pursuit. To say he was being tackled at the end of half running out of bounds, seems like your almost accusing it of being a dirty play, which it wasn't even close to being. The QB is a competitor and was trying to get another one in before half. Dyersburg is for real.

You are right….the tackle had nothing to do with the injury.  He planted his foot to avoid the tackle, which is where he tore it. 

I just hope Dyersburg fans don’t mull around thinking all is over and the negative emotions bleed over to the players.   Dyersburg bread and butter is not their offense, it is their defense.  And as the old saying goes, offense draws crowds, but defense wins championships. 

The community needs to let these kids know this season is not over and they need to let their opponents know just where the bread is buttered, every inch, every yard, every play. 

Old skool baby, old skool…..

Edited by mg