Marion Co. vs Westmorland

JonSnow

6 hours ago, powerp said:

My two cents on this topic…if someone doesn’t want to be at a school then let them leave. If you are not 100% invested into the program and committed to your brothers on the team then you need to have a look in the mirror. If you are leaving because of lack of playing time, why? How about out working everyone in front  of you on the depth chart and making it impossible for a coach not to play you. You give me a team full of average players that are bought in and know their assignments, that’s a dangerous team. There is power in unity. There are some great athletes in the valley but a lot of me guys instead of team guys as well. Too much watching what people have done on TikTok or Twitter…excuse me “X”…

My sentiment exactly. I have no problem with a kid wanting to move to a better situation. (If it's 2,3 or 4 times in his career I'd rather not invite that mentality into my locker room.) It's the parents making the final decision for their child anyway (well most of the time). 

7 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

I heard 1 of the d1 kids quit at halftime of the Trousdale co game for some reason. 

That's what I read/heard. I do believe he's back and if the players and coaches are ok with it then that's on them. Still have to remember you're dealing with kids and they will do stupid stuff just like adults will. 

11 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Any team with 3 major d1 players should be the favorite for chattanooga.  Not many 1 or 2a ball clubs can match that.

A lot of that is connections... Now they are good players, and talent wise ER is the best in our district but they have no discipline, and I was told that there is no control in the locker room. Players say what they want, do what they want, etc.... Just like the kid that left the game in the middle of halftime because he thought he should get the ball more... Success stories typically don't come from those type of situations. 

28 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

A lot of that is connections... Now they are good players, and talent wise ER is the best in our district but they have no discipline, and I was told that there is no control in the locker room. Players say what they want, do what they want, etc.... Just like the kid that left the game in the middle of halftime because he thought he should get the ball more... Success stories typically don't come from those type of situations. 

I agree with that.  The kid that quit and came back, that has to hurt his stock.  There are hundreds of kids just like him

1 hour ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Anyway let's talk about the eagles, are they still in wing t or have they changed?

IMO if Westy can stop number 4 and and have as good of line play as they have had the past couple of weeks, Westy wins this game. If both of those don't happen it could be an even longer ride home. 

49 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

IMO if Westy can stop number 4 and and have as good of line play as they have had the past couple of weeks, Westy wins this game. If both of those don't happen it could be an even longer ride home. 

4 isn't the only horse that pulls the wagon.  Lots of moving parts this year.  Stopping 4 will make it interesting though.  I think this is a close game.  The DC is good and our offense is very predictable.