Marion Co. vs Westmorland

JonSnow

40 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

I could see that if this Westmoreland team slows it down. Athlete for athlete they should have a hard time keeping up in this one. Just my opinion..we’ve all got one. lol

I'm just going by past history. Westmoreland usually plays us tough but from film Marion is a better team. 

Better overall skill players than in 14-16. I been saying it and will continue to say it. Now those teams might’ve had better coaching but the talent is here and now. Marion and the staff look to be hitting their stride when it matters most. Warriors make another statement 41-7 and shut their own fans up again. I’m just keeping it real

2 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Better overall skill players than in 14-16. I been saying it and will continue to say it. Now those teams might’ve had better coaching but the talent is here and now. Marion and the staff look to be hitting their stride when it matters most. Warriors make another statement 41-7 and shut their own fans up again. I’m just keeping it real

Gonna predict westmoreland district to represent in the state championship this season. Smith co will be there more than likely. Good luck to my nephew colton Sizemore and Jay Rich Friday and the eagles! We may have something this season for the Marion Co folks! Question: does Marion co have the stadium video camera for the folks with NSHS channel?

Edited by Mr. Postman1

2 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

This is the opposite of real. No where near the team or individual skill players of 14-16. This team and skill players aren't close to the 2021 team either. They didn't look any better in 2023 than they did in 2022. The two worst teams (by record) at Forrest since 04-05 were barely beat by this bunch in back to back years. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Gonna predict westmoreland district to represent in the state championship this season. Smith co will be there more than likely. Good luck to my nephew colton Sizemore and Jay Rich Friday and the eagles! We may have something this season for the Marion Co folks! Question: does Marion co have the stadium video camera for the folks with NSHS channel?

If smith doesn't represent then they will be severely disappointed.   Don't they have about 19 Sr starters on offense and defense.  They had better win it this year.  East Robertson has the better athletes and if they get out of their own way they could represent the east.  A good friend of mine likened them to a Wayne turner coached tyner team.

31 minutes ago, Salem said:

This is the opposite of real. No where near the team or individual skill players of 14-16. This team and skill players aren't close to the 2021 team either. They didn't look any better in 2023 than they did in 2022. The two worst teams (by record) at Forrest since 04-05 were barely beat by this bunch in back to back years. 

We can agree to disagree then. Marion has 4 guys that can take it to the house at any time and they have another kid that looks to be better than them all but is younger. They did not have the amount of skill then that they have now. 16 they had the Saylors kid. The QB in 15 was the difference maker and honestly don’t recall Saylors that year at all. . 14 was the FB and not much else. Those teams also played at a crazy pace offensively that helped give them an advantage against defenses. If Marion plays up to their potential they will make a believer out of you before it’s all said and done. Fayettevilles record in the district is fooling everyone. Don’t let last year underachieving fool you. Marion has a very talented and good ball team. I’m just keeping it real

2 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Smith has been the favorite since pre season and they should represent the East. Marion is just happy to be in the playoffs. We're just a bunch of small slow kids that like to play football. 

We don't participate in the NFHS.

1 hour ago, Salem said:

I personally think those 14-16 teams were a lot better. We do have some pretty good athletes but it seems like they play down to their competition at times. Hopefully they ramp it up in the playoffs. I'm wondering how Forrest kids will play Friday. They should know they can compete with Smith and if their heads are right could pull the upset.

55 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

We can agree to disagree then. Marion has 4 guys that can take it to the house at any time and they have another kid that looks to be better than them all but is younger. They did not have the amount of skill then that they have now. 16 they had the Saylors kid. The QB in 15 was the difference maker and honestly don’t recall Saylors that year at all. . 14 was the FB and not much else. Those teams also played at a crazy pace offensively that helped give them an advantage against defenses. If Marion plays up to their potential they will make a believer out of you before it’s all said and done. Fayettevilles record in the district is fooling everyone. Don’t let last year underachieving fool you. Marion has a very talented and good ball team. I’m just keeping it real

Saylors was a sophomore on that 2015 team and had a lot in front of him. Probably the best athlete to come through in a very long time (just wasn't utilized properly). Currently playing with the Atlanta Falcons. 

47 minutes ago, CoyDillard said:

I'm wondering how Forrest kids will play Friday. They should know they can compete with Smith and if their heads are right could pull the upset.

I bet there's 14 other 2A East teams who hope we do. This is what is so awesome to be a Rocket fan. Our team may go over there and play a great game and come up just short in the end or we may take a 41-0 thumping. You never know. I have learned to embrace the inconsistency.