Congrats to the 2023-2024 Class 3A State Champions Alcoa Tornadoes

chrisburr

4 minutes ago, F5HallOfFamer said:

No....From 2000 to now we've had 5 coaches I believe.

Wow. I'll admit I know nothing about Alcoa's program but even Alcoa fans would have to admit how someone would believe there is some kind of recruiting going on over there.  Even if there is not you have got to at the least say to yourself, "I can see where it looks fishy to the outsiders".  I mean it's hard to believe one school has that much "state champion" talent year after year.  And even harder to believe they found 5 great coaches in that tight of a time frame.  Even the richest D1 college teams don't get that lucky and they pay millions for coaches. Example: Alabama. A long history of winning championships but the few dry runs they've had was when they made a "dud" hire for their coach/recruiter.  But Hey I'm not hating. Just giving the Alcoa fans a little something to think about before they get defensive when being accused of "recruiting".   Go get you another State Title Tornados!!

16 minutes ago, FOOTBALLROCKYTOP said:

Wow. I'll admit I know nothing about Alcoa's program but even Alcoa fans would have to admit how someone would believe there is some kind of recruiting going on over there.  Even if there is not you have got to at the least say to yourself, "I can see where it looks fishy to the outsiders".  I mean it's hard to believe one school has that much "state champion" talent year after year.  And even harder to believe they found 5 great coaches in that tight of a time frame.  Even the richest D1 college teams don't get that lucky and they pay millions for coaches. Example: Alabama. A long history of winning championships but the few dry runs they've had was when they made a "dud" hire for their coach/recruiter.  But Hey I'm not hating. Just giving the Alcoa fans a little something to think about before they get defensive when being accused of "recruiting".   Go get you another State Title Tornados!!

2000 was Scott Meadows. First championship since 1989.

2004-2005was John Reid who is now the highest paid HS football coach in GA (Rome). DC was Brian Nix and has been with the team from that point on.

2006-2021 was Gary Rankin. Brian Nix as DC.

2022-present is coach Nix…

Alcoa doesn’t have to recruit it’s players or coaches as both are drawn to the local talent and success of the Alcoa community. :thumb:

Not to mention, you’ve got Murvul within 5 mins of Alcoa….Success breeds success….

Edited by Throwdeslant

33 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

2000 was Scott Meadows. First championship since 1989.

2004-2005was John Reid who is now the highest paid HS football coach in GA (Rome). DC was Brian Nix and has been with the team from that point on.

2006-2021 was Gary Rankin. Brian Nix as DC.

2022-present is coach Nix…

Alcoa doesn’t have to recruit it’s players or coaches as both are drawn to the local talent and success of the Alcoa community. :thumb:

Not to mention, you’ve got Murvul within 5 mins of Alcoa….Success breeds success….

I agree that's how it works in college. But are you saying people move into Alcoa district without any encouragement so their kids can play for a successful program?  

Alcoa is a top notch program, so is Maryville.  Look at their non region schedule, they're not hiding from anyone.  Other schools can choose to move up to avoid them if they wish.  My son was put out by them in the playoffs his sophomore year, was a heck of a game.  It was fun to watch our small communities (McMinn Central) play them.  We played them tough, but came up short.  No one whined or complained, just wished them Tornado's good luck.  

• Like 1