Anderson county hosts Elizabethton Cyclones

Rackattack

38 minutes ago, lawnman said:

Mav after watching some film on you guys this is a different team than what we watched earlier in the year.I have a lot of respect for you guys and our offensive front better play better this week or we will be getting ready for basketball season.

Well nothing a wrong with getting a jump on Basketball haha. No this will be a Great Game Friday. 

• Like 1

I think QB from Anderson will make some mistakes in the passing game he threw some picks against Knox West when pushed out of the pocket he does a real good job at extending plays with his legs kid has a big arm hopefully the d-line of Elizabethton will be in his face all night if not he will pick you apart with no pass rush.

21 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Ok Fair enough.

So we obviously will need a prediction from Noones

Mav you putting me on the spot. I’m pretty sure about Betsy’s strength and weaknesses. But you all have my brain in a swirl. You weren’t at full strength when you played the tough pert of your schedule and then at full strength you sliced through the under belly of your schedule. I PROMISE, Thursday you will have my non changeable prediction.

Edited by noonesfool

56 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Mav you putting me on the spot. I’m pretty sure about Betsy’s strength and weaknesses. But you all have my brain in a swirl. You weren’t at full strength when you played the tough pert of your schedule and then at full strength you sliced through the under belly of your schedule. I PROMISE, Thursday you will have my non changeable prediction

That will be a good and timely prediction . Betsy and the Mavs always have great game. Last year's two games were as close as you can get. 

2 hours ago, Rackattack said:

I think QB from Anderson will make some mistakes in the passing game he threw some picks against Knox West when pushed out of the pocket he does a real good job at extending plays with his legs kid has a big arm hopefully the d-line of Elizabethton will be in his face all night if not he will pick you apart with no pass rush.

Defence has been playing great. Offence had up and downs. But overall this Mav team in some ways is better than last year. If it all comes together Friday we will be yet one step towards something never done at AC Back to Back championships. I think we have what it takes but the players will have to see that too! 

Common opponents:

Carter (AC won 49-0, EHS won 38-0)
Science Hill (AC lost 26-23, EHS won 27-7)
Sullivan East (AC won 49-0, EHS won 47-0)

Games against teams who are still alive in the playoffs:

4A Gibbs (AC won 55-6)
5A Clinton (AC won 28-14)
5A Knox West (Ac lost 8-7)
5A Powell (AC lost 35-21)
6A Bearden (AC lost 45-27)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
4A Greeneville (EHS lost 23-13)
5A Mo West (EHS won 20-7)

Signature wins:
EHS - beat local 6A schools DB & Science Hill, both nearly 3x the size of Elizabethton
AC - not a win, but came within 1 point of Knox West, so perhaps a morale victory

Bottom line:
Seems like AC has played a much tougher schedule, but EHS fans might make a reasoned/logical argument against that.    I have not seen AC play and only saw EHS play once against a mediocre DB team.      Edge goes to AC in this one but never count Elizabethton out until the final buzzer

• Upvote 1

I'll just give my thoughts without reading through. I look at Elizabethton as being a whole lot like the Devils and this is a great game for the Devil staff to watch .I never count a victory before the game is played but if the Devils can't take care of business this week ,then I guess someone was looking forward to the 3rd round like Batman is.If AC wins,it's like the Devil staff get's Elizabethton's do over and if Elizabethton wins,then they get their own do over game against the Devils.Don't know if any of that makes sense,but this game has a chance to be one of the best in the state this week. Two great programs that know how to bring back the gold and either team will have my full respect no matter the outcome. I hope it's injury free and a great game !

Edited by BatmanDevil