Anderson county hosts Elizabethton Cyclones

Rackattack

14 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Blazer has the correct info exactly. Not sure based on info why he gives edge to AC. I think AC has a comfortable edge provided everyone healthy. Hmmm but blazer you are close. 

This one has the feel of closeness to it, I picked AC just to troll some of my Betsy friends.      But it's probably a tossup more than anything.              If it's really played @ ETSU I might just drop by, never seen AC in person

I'm sure AC will have  bone to pick with the TSSAA if it is in fact moved to ETSU and more of a home game for Betsy and away game for AC.  There are multiple Turf Fields available in Knoxville this Friday since some of been bounced from the playoffs, didn't make the playoffs, or playing away this Friday (Hardin Valley, Farragut, Bearden, Knox Central, Fulton, Gibbs, Carter, and Powell just off the top of my head)

On 11/5/2023 at 4:53 PM, lawnman said:

Mav after watching some film on you guys this is a different team than what we watched earlier in the year.I have a lot of respect for you guys and our offensive front better play better this week or we will be getting ready for basketball season.

The QB wasn’t familiar with the system or personnel yet, Moog was out, and there was a hangover from loosening a good group of seniors, especially Martinez, that had to wear off. But, once they got healthy and things started to click on offense, it was a different story. The Mav’s Defense has been solid all season. The Offense just couldn’t help them out any. 

The Betsy Defense has been legit all season too. But! When the Offense puts you in bad situations with turnovers, inability to flip the field and not sustaining drives to allow the Defense time to rest, even the best D will falter. I’m hoping for a different outcome this week with our full complement of receivers healthy. And No overwhelming Senior Night or Homecoming festivities to distract them. Maybe playing on the road will be better for this bunch? I feel Greeneville didn’t get our best shot. And knowing how close we played the Mavs last season and how hungry this bunch is for this game, I don’t think we have to worry about that. All they can do is be prepared, focused, and go out and execute the plan to the best their ability and accept the results with grace. I just hope we can gracefully accept a win! LOL

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Swipes said:

I'm sure AC will have  bone to pick with the TSSAA if it is in fact moved to ETSU and more of a home game for Betsy and away game for AC.  There are multiple Turf Fields available in Knoxville this Friday since some of been bounced from the playoffs, didn't make the playoffs, or playing away this Friday (Hardin Valley, Farragut, Bearden, Knox Central, Fulton, Gibbs, Carter, and Powell just off the top of my head)

The air quality in Knoxville isn’t good either from what I’ve been reading. But with rain moving in it may calm everything down.

Edited by BigDaddyDave

21 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

The air quality in Knoxville isn’t good either from what I’ve been reading. But with rain moving in it may calm everything down.

As of today it's moderate for air quality and can't tell the difference than any other day in Knoxville. (Maybe I'm just use to it since i've been in Knoxville for 15 years now :lol:).  If true then what will the TSSAA do about games being played at Oak Ridge or Knox West on Friday?

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

As of today it's moderate for air quality and can't tell the difference than any other day in Knoxville. (Maybe I'm just use to it since i've been in Knoxville for 15 years now :lol:).  If true then what will the TSSAA do about games being played at Oak Ridge or Knox West on Friday?

It’s all just speculation that I can tell. I’ve spoken to officials at EHS and nothing has even been said about it at this time.