Rd. 2 : Eagleville Eagles @ Moore Co. Raiders

RaiderzFan

1 hour ago, TheFootballDad said:

How can i get some of this ice cream, hahahah, im from Eagleville, but we are all like family most of the time except when we play each other. hahahaha 

Little secret.  I love the Eagleville folk.  My oldest boy that is 25 went to Central Magnet and played with the Eagleville team back then.  Spent a lot of time out there and really  like that community.  Ya gotta make the ice cream!  I'm bringing a hot thermos of coffeewith a little Lynchburg local flavor in it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

Little secret.  I love the Eagleville folk.  My oldest boy that is 25 went to Central Magnet and played with the Eagleville team back then.  Spent a lot of time out there and really  like that community.  Ya gotta make the ice cream!  I'm bringing a hot thermos of coffeewith a little Lynchburg local flavor in it.

hahaha, sounds awesome man! and we love having our kids from central, it really helps fill our team. they are good smart kids too! And a lot of people dont know how close a lot of people are from Eagleville and MC...we have played each other now most years for like 20 years, hahaha...lets just hope all the kids on both sides have a safe game thats most important!

• Like 2

On 11/7/2023 at 7:43 AM, ttitan27 said:

Here's my recipe for home made Banana Ice cream.  

1 3/4 cups of heavy cream

1 1/4 cup whole milk

3/4 cup of sugar (sometimes I add a little extry)

1 tbsp of pure vanilla extract

1 banana  

The secret to good ice cream is the proper banana.  Ya know how your wife freezes them nanners for nanner bread when they turn brown?  That is the exact same banana to use.  lay on a plate and thaw for bout 30 minutes.  Then put the banana in a blender but when you do, make sure to squeeze all the liquid drippings out of the peel.  Pro tip: That is where the real flavor comes from.  

Then just make the ice cream as you always would in one of those homemade old school  icecream makers with rock salt and ice.  Although I do use the electric and not the truly old school crank model.  I did my time on those when I was younger.

Have a great one for strawberry as well if anyone wants it.

Your welcome.

thanks brother!

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

on a serious note, i hope eagleville hangs in and keeps this close for a while.  

honestly, that's what i hope also, maybe steal a possession or two and have a small chance, hahaha. we know MC is a dang good team...but hey, gotta go play it, so hope we make it a competitive game for the fans of Eagleville and MC.

53 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

on a serious note, i hope eagleville hangs in and keeps this close for a while.  

1st game we played it was 27-20 @ Half MC….Eagleville is a legit team …coached well with some good players & MC can’t afford to over-look them or we could get beat…..BUT I don’t see that happening MC coaches & players are focused on one game at a time & know task ahead to reach our goal….GO RAIDERS!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RaiderzFan said:

1st game we played it was 27-20 @ Half MC….Eagleville is a legit team …coached well with some good players & MC can’t afford to over-look them or we could get beat…..BUT I don’t see that happening MC coaches & players are focused on one game at a time & know task ahead to reach our goal….GO RAIDERS!!

should be a lively atmosphere in lynchburg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheFootballDad said:

honestly, that's what i hope also, maybe steal a possession or two and have a small chance, hahaha. we know MC is a dang good team...but hey, gotta go play it, so hope we make it a competitive game for the fans of Eagleville and MC.

they have to hang close for a half to have any chance. it cant be 21-0 at the start of the 2nd quarter

• Like 1