Round 2: Oneida @ York

Spike016

6 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

That was the right call. The play before was a loss of 2. So it was 2nd and 12. The announcers were looking at it wrong. 

I’ve watched the play a dozen times. Nose of the ball is 6-12” short of the 35. When 1 releases the ball his toe is just short of the 35 by inches. His right foot is on the 34. Rule is the entire body must be beyond the line of scrimmage when the ball was released. The down marker is also less than a yard behind the chains so the previous play was a loss but marked as less than a yard loss. The official that called it stood on the 36 pointing at the ground when explaining to the white hat. Overall it didn’t matter in the outcome but it was not the correct call. 

6 hours ago, YAIDAD said:

1:29 on the film. Snapped at the 34 threw from the 35 so was the right call.  Was a close call.  

6 hours ago, Spike016 said:

We must hit submit at the same time and had the same thang on the brain. It coulda been a no call I mean it was 28-0 

Entire body must be across the line. If a toe is on or behind it’s a legal pass. Look again, nose of the ball is less than 12” from the 35, stripe marks the penalty occurring at the 36. It’s not a conspiracy, we just had very few big plays to Yorks credit, the two we did have both came back in penalty’s. The TD came back on a personal foul penalty against York lol. More of an illustration of how we couldn’t get anything going our way the majority of the night. Again I’m not claiming the officials influenced the outcome at all. The team that should’ve won did win, more of an illustration of how frustrating the game was from our side. Regardless it was a jab at the “reputation” of how calls go over there. I honestly don’t think it’s any different there than anywhere else to be honest. Some crews are better than others and some teams play with fewer penalties than others. It all evens out. More something to talk about because we didn’t have much to talk about last night. 

Edited by crow

9 minutes ago, crow said:

Entire body must be across the line. If a toe is on or behind it’s a legal pass. Look again, nose of the ball is less than 12” from the 35, stripe marks the penalty occurring at the 36. It’s not a conspiracy, we just had very few big plays to Yorks credit, the two we did have both came back in penalty’s. The TD came back on a personal foul penalty against York lol. More of an illustration of how we couldn’t get anything going our way the majority of the night. Again I’m not claiming the officials influenced the outcome at all. The team that should’ve won did win, more of an illustration of how frustrating the game was from our side. Regardless it was a jab at the “reputation” of how calls go over there. I honestly don’t think it’s any different there than anywhere else to be honest. Some crews are better than others and some teams play with fewer penalties than others. It all evens out. More something to talk about because we didn’t have much to talk about last night. 

I watched until I couldn't, that wasn't very long, couldn't get a clean snap and when it was snapped over the punters head, I'd seen all I needed to see. Served this one up on a platter when it would have took your very best game to make a game of it, think the moment was just to big, You guys are young and should be a contender for the region next year, just gotta find a QB. Hate it went so badly last night Crow. 

4 minutes ago, pujo said:

I watched until I couldn't, that wasn't very long, couldn't get a clean snap and when it was snapped over the punters head, I'd seen all I needed to see. Served this one up on a platter when it would have took your very best game to make a game of it, think the moment was just to big, You guys are young and should be a contender for the region next year, just gotta find a QB. Hate it went so badly last night Crow. 

Don’t know what the issue was but honestly the punt was a deal several weeks in the making. Long story short our long snapper hurt his elbow a few weeks back. He is also one of our sophomore LBs. Last night they had someone else snapping instead. After that snap our usual long snapper went back in so a lot of thing helped the wheels fall off early. Like you said to have a shot we had to play our best game. York sure didn’t need any help and the first quarter we definitely didn’t do ourselves any favors for sure. Either way we’ll learn and hopefully get better from it. 

Edited by crow