Cleveland and Walker Valley

23sMom

Showtime7

I just noticed something on Coach T Strength of Schedule

Page. WVHS is ranked 65 in AA. Guess what? Shelbyville is in the high 60's, Bradley and McMinn Co. are in the 60's

also in AAA. I guess we all need to have tougher schedules!!!!! If WVHS is in last place in the state I guess Shelbyville, Bradley are there with us according to Coach T.

Just something to think about!!!!!!

To WVHS and CHS teams, hope you both play well and no one gets hurt. :D:D:D:D:):):D:D:D:D:D:D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey baconbreath, I'm not sure to whom you were addressing your post but as just a fan (who happens to be very good friends with parents from both teams), I would like to say that Cleveland is SUPPOSED to win this game. They are very talented and, yes have played a tougher schedule to this point. They are a AAA School, Walker Valley is a "fairly new" AA team. So, again I say Cleveland is SUPPOSED to win. If something happens and WV happens to upset Cleveland, I think it can only help to develop a very good (and friendly) cross-town rivalry. I'm looking forward to a fun game to watch. Good luck to both teams. This should be the kind of game that ANY basketball fan would love to watch.

Guest Laythesmackdown

Hey Gary -

Listen to yourself - "The last time I looked, the game was still played on the court and not on paper." - Then you go one to tell how each team achieved their respected records. Isn't all that stuff you typed in things you got off "paper"?????

Must of learned those sport analyzing techniques from your daddy "Corky."

By the way since CoachT gave you title of moderator (which must be a great accomplishment for you - since you were never selected to be hall monitor in school) you shouldn't be calling out fans of either school. This game is not your prime time Cleveland vs. Bradley type of game. These two teams are not on the same district or even the same classification (like that matters) but what the ADs have done is scheduled a game, a regular season game, a game that in the end no one gets a trophy, plaque, or award. Sure Walker Valley Girls do have a chance - Sure Cleveland Girls do have a chance - but in the end it will just be additional win or loss for each teams respected record.

So Gary, for now on try being a moderator, which in Webster is defined as: Function: noun Date: circa 1560

1 : one who arbitrates : MEDIATOR 2 : one who presides over an assembly, meeting, or discussion: as a : the presiding officer of a governing body b : the nonpartisan presiding officer of a meeting c : the chairman of a discussion group

[Edited by Laythesmackdown on 12-11-02 9:25A]

paguy,

I was addressing this to anybody, everybody, and nobody. Just responding to the other messages. I don't have a horse in this race so I don't care who wins. I won't even be at the game. I was just trying to figure out who should win by looking at their schedule and results. Good luck to both teams. I believe that Cleveland will win big but you never know. They have been known to go into the tank(Soddy-Daisy) and lose when they shouldn't. It will be a "Rocky" type of win for WVHS and a "Titanic" type of loss for Cleveland if WVHS pulls the upset.

Guest Laythesmackdown

Also Gary -

I'm sure Bob Taylor would love to know that one of his employees is wasting school time and tax payers money by being on CoachT while he is on the clock. Isn't his email address btaylor@bradleycountyschools.org?

Isn't Walker Valley a BRADLEY COUNTY SCHOOL - Not sure but I believe the old saying goes "DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU."

Just something to think about.?.

[Edited by Laythesmackdown on 12-11-02 9:33A]

whoa whoa...there is more than 1 or 2 folks on here that is employed there...look at their email in their profile...

so before you call out 1....call em all out!!!!

and besides...I feel like if you want to "personally" call out someone...do it on its own thread...this is basketball board...not a personal critique board!!!so talk sports.....

[Edited by 23sMom on 12-11-02 10:35A]

Guest 1moretime

Laythesmackdown(or whatever your name is), did they hurt your whittle feelings by picking Cleveland to win? Some picked WV to win but you're not crying about that! Talk about "high school days"......I'm sure your must have been the one who was always saying "I'm gonna tell on you..." (You know even teachers get a lunch break and are allowed on the internet.) I think Cleveland will win too....please don't call my boss.....oh yeah I am my boss!

it's too bad that some of us can't pull for the other Bradley County school for whatever reasons. We've watched, and our girls have played with and against many of WV's players - it's a shame you can't provide your support due to being a die-hard Bradley fan. Let it go, the school's been built and the talent pool is already watered down there's no turning back now.