Cleveland and Walker Valley

23sMom

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No upset happened tonite....No Rocky knocking out Creed or lottery number hits...just defense and rebounding, rebounding on both ends was a major key advantage for Walker Valley...they controlled the boards limiting Cleveland to mostly one shot per possession, while getting 2-3-4 on theirs......Defense...unless mistaken, Holly was scoreless and Buckalew only had 2 at the half. Walker Valley was in control from start to finish. Congrats..ENJOY....take care of business tomorrow night..

Hey WVHS girls,

Congratulations on the huge win tonight! I was out of town but heard about the big win over CHS. It was a "Rocky" win and a "Titanic" loss for Cleveland. I heard a little of it on the radio while I was driving back and it sounded like you guys pummeled the Lady Raiders. How did Morris get all of those points?

I can't figure Cleveland out! Sometimes they seem to have it all together while other times they look like they have never played the game.

The Lady Mustangs fooled a lot of people (including yours truly). Reminds me to never pick games "on paper" again.

Never count your chickens until they're hatched.

Wouldn't expect any of you guys to "cheer" for WV anyway, but what a great boost to their program. Except for Cleveland's 1st basket ddn't WV hold the lead the entire game?

Congratulations to a great Coaching Staff, and a very deserving group of girls.

Well Coach what's her name must be dyslexic (see 23sMom I can spell) she may have named the score on this one, but she forgot to put Cleveland in the winner's column!

As for those of you who get offended when someone says something to you or to someone you know, if it upsets you that bad then don't post ignorant messages. We all get slammed on here.

I scouted that game last night too, and unbeknownst to many of us Walker Valley fans are passionate about their school too.

First of all I didn't say that 23smom sat on Walker Valley's side what I ment was it was nice to she her write something nice about WVHS. I don't care if you cheered for them at the game or what you wore or where you sat. And Chuck and Amber, I never said you did or said anything wrong so don't get you panties in a bunch. I just thought it was funny to see die hard BCHS fans on the long hated CHS side. I laughed the whole time. And Amber if you don't want to post anything anymore DON'T. I'm not sure what Walker Valley did to anyone since everyone seems to hate them, but I think they proved themselves nicely last night.

First off let me say that I was very much impressed with Walker Valley's girls. They played hard and played with no fear the entire game. I think I was the one who said that a AA school should beat a AAA school and not worry about the classification. After all, both teams put five girls on the court. The difference, WVHS's five girls were more prepared to play than CHS. I thought that Clevelands girls played afraid all night long. (a little like WVHS boys). And Wow, what a player in Morris. She was the best on the court and Cox played with such hustle and grit. I like the way the gal plays. Those two were the difference in the game, no doubt. Everytime the ball went inside for CHS the posts were intimitdated and tried to throw it back out. As for the freshmen in the game, why didn't Coach Moore play her little freshmen guard the whole game? Could have made a difference. I have read about Walker Valley's Butler and Bradley's Pickel, but WOW-- this little gal from Cleveland can play. She was forcing things go happen for Cleveland. I Missed the first quarter of the girls game last night but I did get to look around for some of you "posters" on here. Morris, your girl is impressive, and only a sophmore?? 23's mom, I think I saw you there last night. Peacemaker, Morgan's mom??? Don't know you but sure you were there. Mrs. Wareagle, saw you cheering for the Mustangs and your son at the game. Pitino, still trying to figure you out. Thinking you were there standing by the steps.. Was I correct? Laythesmackdown, I am still assuming that you are a parent of a Mustang, perhaps, Rominger, Butler or Cox? Still don't get your animosity toward the working class using a computer though. Amberoni and Chuck, saw you both there. lwhite? were you sitting on Walker Valley's side? Think I gotcha figured out. This is kinda fun. What did you all think of the boys game? Cleveland and Bradley will be a great matchup. Congratulation Lady Mustangs again on the big win. Keep up the good work and don't let down and let some team that is not as good as you sneak up on you.