R3: East Robertson @ SC

SCHSAllHail

4 hours ago, kappy said:

I agree their offense is vanilla, OC does not know how use his talent. But the HC wants to run a Beech offense. If can't block them, you better hold-em. 

100%

In the first meeting the OC play calling during the second half was way too predictable. IMHO, besides the penalties, biggest reason ER got beat. 

Edited by DbCooper

21 minutes ago, DbCooper said:

100%

In the first meeting the OC play calling during the second half was way too predictable. IMHO, besides the penalties, biggest reason ER got beat. 

The Marion game is the only one I have seen for ER. ER’s OC put two HBacks in the A gaps and gave the ball to Groves to pick his holes/seams.  The OLine size/strength and Groves’ power  wore down Marion’s D.

That’s an affective O if you can do it. The O team controls the clock, holds the ball, scores and the opposing team has little time to score. From what @hoggtown reported SC D will be A LOT stouter than what Marion put on the field.  This game maybe punting and field position.  Johnny Majors is already popping the corn,  it’s his type of “slobber knocker game”

The offense play-calling at the end of the regular season was maybe more creative than it was last night – a lot of toss plays that set up fake counters and opened up the passing the game.

We do dn’t really see any of that last night, but didn’t quite need to. They did experiment with some Elijah Groves packages early, but abandoned them.

1 hour ago, TheCommissioner said:

The Marion game is the only one I have seen for ER. ER’s OC put two HBacks in the A gaps and gave the ball to Groves to pick his holes/seams.  The OLine size/strength and Groves’ power  wore down Marion’s D.

That’s an affective O if you can do it. The O team controls the clock, holds the ball, scores and the opposing team has little time to score. From what @hoggtown reported SC D will be A LOT stouter than what Marion put on the field.  This game maybe punting and field position.  Johnny Majors is already popping the corn,  it’s his type of “slobber knocker game”

SC front 7 are A LOT better than Marion’s were last night. They’ve got a d-tackle that’s a game changer and good LB’s. That’s what I was referring to on play calling. Basically ran the same 3-4 run plays in the second half of the first meeting against SC and they shut it down. 

• Like 1

i don’t know if smith can hold er running game all night like they did the last time we played but i don’t see them driving the ball 70 yards to many times. maybe bust a big play. the first time we played if we would have done a fake punt ( not called by coaches) er would not have scored at all. it gave them a short field. they scored on a hb pass. 

• Like 1