R3: East Robertson @ SC

SCHSAllHail

17 minutes ago, jerrylawless3 said:

The offense play-calling at the end of the regular season was maybe more creative than it was last night – a lot of toss plays that set up fake counters and opened up the passing the game.

We do dn’t really see any of that last night, but didn’t quite need to. They did experiment with some Elijah Groves packages early, but abandoned them.

I expected to see more E Groves WildCat packages in the second half last night. ER did what it took to win and advance. Good luck Indians and safe travels to Carthage 

3 minutes ago, hoggtown said:

i don’t know if smith can hold er running game all night like they did the last time we played but i don’t see them driving the ball 70 yards to many times. maybe bust a big play. the first time we played if we would have done a fake punt ( not called by coaches) er would not have scored at all. it gave them a short field. they scored on a hb pass. 

Groves had over 150 yards rushing against smith last time. 

2 hours ago, Chickentender said:

If QB2 has a good game, East will win by a mile.

East cannot beat Smith County even if they play their best game which they won’t. Smith County is too good at home. Final score Smith County 29 ER 7 and the 7 points come after starters are out late in the 4th quarter

Edited by UCSportsFan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

East cannot beat Smith County even if they play their best game which they won’t. Smith County is too good at home. Final score Smith County 29 ER 7 and the 7 points come after starters are out late in the 4th quarter

I’ve seen both of these teams play, even sc posters will tell you that if ER plays their BEST game they will win. (Still very highly unlikely)

7 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

i don’t know about that! but i will take it lol

2 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

ER beats a paper tiger Marion and all of a sudden they have a chance against Smith?  Smith mercy ruled a similar team in City almost in the 1st Q.  

If ER scores 24 in Marion 14 vs Wmith is about right.  If ER starts as badly as they did last night it will be 20-0 at half. 

East can’t have the same first half penalties against SC that they had against Marion and win against SC. ER will have to play virtually clean the whole game to win in Carthage. The talent is there for ER, it’s obviously the discipline that is questionable