Quarterfinals - Powell at West

WestHigh4Life

34 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

you just told us there is no concussion protocol.  You've undermined your own credibility.

No, he said there is a protocol, but there is no A, B, C, D to follow. He reminded you that each situation is different.  In most healthcare situations, there is no exact treatment.  It depends on the injury.  

You just want to argue against the Powell program.  You lost your credibility saying that a coach you do not like will risk his players health to win.  Just because you don't care for someone, does not mean you can go around saying they put winning before their players' health.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ILB1999 said:

you just told us there is no concussion protocol.  You've undermined your own credibility.

Please define the word protocol.  

That player was advised by medical personal to give up football, but in the end it was his and his parents decision and the Powell coaching staff concurred that it was the best thing to do for the young guy. His injury history said so amd it was the right decision.

There are precautions in dealing with concussions, but the treatment is dependent on the severity and reaction to treatment measures from medical personnel. It's up to those professionals, not the coaches, if and when a player returns. 

There is no one size fits all protocol. 

But I don't expect you understand that. Guys like you want to argue when one says that water is wet and the sky is blue. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, footballknox said:

No, he said there is a protocol, but there is no A, B, C, D to follow. He reminded you that each situation is different.  In most healthcare situations, there is no exact treatment.  It depends on the injury.  

You just want to argue against the Powell program.  You lost your credibility saying that a coach you do not like will risk his players health to win.  Just because you don't care for someone, does not mean you can go around saying they put winning before their players' health.  

since we're gonna go full lawyer, I only asked if health protocols would be different than the other things we've heard were ignored.  

And yeah, there is a specific concussion protocol.

1. Continue to monitor players for possible signs of injury as usual.

2. Remove any player that shows signs, symptoms, or behavoirs consistent with a concussion from the activity or competition.

3. The school shall have the player examined by the school's designated health care provider.  If the designated health care provider determines that the student has not sustained a concussion, the player may return to the activity or competition.

4. the head coach shall be responsible for obtaining clearance from the schools designated health care provider (In knox county i'm pretty sure thats KOC).

5. If the school does not have acces to a designated health care provider, or if the school's designated health care provider supspects that the athlete may have sustained a concussion, the only means for an athlete to return to practice or play is for the student to be ealuated and cleard by a licensed MD, DO, or Clinical Neuropsychologist with concussion training.  The person clearing the student must complete and sign the "TSSAA Concussion Return to Play" form. Schools must keep this form on file.

Edited by ILB1999

Just now, ILB1999 said:

since we're gonna go full lawyer, I only asked if health protocols would be different than the other things we've heard were ignored.  

And yeah, there is a specific concussion protocol.

1. Continue to monitor plays for possible signs of injury as usual.

2. Remove any player that shows signs, symptoms, or behavoirs consistent with a concussion from the activity or competition.

3. The school shall have the player examined by the school's designated health care provider.  If the designated health care provider determines that the student has not sustained a concussion, the player may return to the activity or competition.

4. the head coach shall be responsible for obtaining clearance from the schools designated health care provider (In knox county i'm pretty sure thats KOC).

5. If the school does not have acces to a designated health care provider, or if the school's designated health care provider supspects that the athlete may have sustained a concussion, the only means for an athlete to return to practice or play is for the student to be ealuated and cleard by a licensed MD, DO, or Clinical Neuropsychologist with concussion training.  The person clearing the student must complete and sign the "TSSAA Concussion Return to Play" form. Schools must keep this form on file.

IT's literallly titled, "Protocol for schools when players exhibit signs, symptoms, or behaviors consistent with a concussion during practice or competition."

27 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

y'all should figure out how the google works.  And one of you should probably have paid more attention in your annual meetings.

And it says nothing about the length of time one sits out is the same for every case.  There is no one size fits all. It depends on severity and respons to treatment, along with previous history. 

You really need to do a better job of reading the original posts and understanding what you are actually trying to argue.  

These two teams have the last two 5A gold balls.  I can’t find another team in 5A that have a higher winning percentage than these two senior classes.  Powell will be playing in their 53rd game with a 79% winning percentage in the last 4 seasons.  West will be in game 56 with a 90% win rate.  Both Powell and West seniors will have won more games than some other teams have even played in.  It’s a shame they are in the same region.  Find me any other 5A school that can match either record in Tennessee over the last 4 years.  I checked several - a few are close but did not beat either in winning percentage.  

There will be no love lost between these two teams come Friday night, but there will nothing but respect for what they both have accomplished in the last few seasons.   This is especially true as both are in “rebuilding” seasons. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

These two teams have the last two 5A gold balls.  I can’t find another team in 5A that have a higher winning percentage than these two senior classes.  Powell will be playing in their 53rd game with a 79% winning percentage in the last 4 seasons.  West will be in game 56 with a 90% win rate.  Both Powell and West seniors will have won more games than some other teams have even played in.  It’s a shame they are in the same region.  Find me any other 5A school that can match either record in Tennessee over the last 4 years.  I checked several - a few are close but did not beat either in winning percentage.  

There will be no love lost between these two teams come Friday night, but there will nothing but respect for what they both have accomplished in the last few seasons.   This is especially true as both are in “rebuilding” seasons. 

Perfectly said and this just shows how dominant both programs have been and that this game really determines the East representative. No disrespect to the other teams but this is a tribute to both coaching staffs and players for bringing that consistency week in and week out!

May the best team win on Friday!

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, footballknox said:

Y'all are absolutely ridiculous.  Lowe cares about his boys.  If it is true that QB1 has a concussion and is not cleared by the team doc, then he will not be playing.  Stop trying to make it like, Lowe will play him no matter what just to get a win.  

What kind of clownery is this??

Walter Nolan got injured (allegedly) 127 times his senior year and Lowe stuck him back in there. 

He even gave Jimbo Fisher the magic elixir, I guess, because Nolan played the week after he was carted off and left for dead a month ago in Neyland. :roflolk:

• Upvote 2